Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT - A 4 minute break from 2020 bull$hit

Fuck it. I haven't been able to post a video here in a while......continue on with 2020.

Lol. That royally socks. I was hoping for some dog pictures. Hope you and yours are doing well.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
Lol. That royally socks. I was hoping for some dog pictures. Hope you and yours are doing well.
Thanks Vikergirl. We're doing great. We're over 70 fostered dogs now. Got a gorgeous sweetheart that will be going to Canada soon and a mom and her four puppies leaving next weekend for Vermont. 

Quote: @"SouthCarolinaViking" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
Thanks Vikergirl. We're doing great. We're over 70 fostered dogs now. Got a gorgeous sweetheart that will be going to Canada soon and a mom and her four puppies leaving next weekend for Vermont. 
Im hearing awesome stories of empty shelters due to so many people adopting pets during the covid crisis,  I just hope that once those home bound people are back to work that their new little friends dont get abandoned once again.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
Im hearing awesome stories of empty shelters due to so many people adopting pets during the covid crisis,  I just hope that once those home bound people are back to work that their new little friends dont get abandoned once again.
I know that a lot more people started fostering once they had to stay at home. Our neighbors across the street love coming over and seeing our fosters. My wife suggested that they could foster (she's a stay at home mom with one dog) and they tried it. They managed to let their 1st foster transport up north and now they have their 2nd foster.

Here's the puppies and their momma

[Image: ntqsepw0gc4d.jpg]

They are seven weeks old now and are transporting next Saturday. Momma's already been adopted in Vermont and the puppies will get snatched up immediately. 

Here's our other foster (on the left). She is perfect. She has an adopter in Canada. She'll transport within the next couple of weeks. She's a keeper.

[Image: xceikjemzup4.jpg]

And here's Pops. He should've been dead by now. We took him in as a hospice foster 1 1/2 years ago. He was dropped off at the shelter when his owner died and he was not supposed to live very long (he's pretty old with a lot of health issues). We took him in so he could be comfortable for however long he had left. Little fucker's still chooglin' around a year and half later.

[Image: b8p1k6veaose.jpg]
 He's stolen my heart.

We've thought that we would have to finally put him down a couple of times in the past (including about 3 weeks ago), but he keeps bouncing back. As long as he eats and he's not suffering, he's good to go.