Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Announce Covid-19 Roster Moves
Vikings Announce Roster Moves
Eagan, Minn. (July 27, 2020)  The Minnesota Vikings have announced the following roster moves:
PLACED ON RESERVE/COVID-19:
NO.  PLAYER             POS.                 COLLEGE
64…..Blake Brandel........... T............. Oregon State
39…..Brian Cole II............. S........ Mississippi State
62…..Tyler Higby............ OL........... Michigan State
18…..Justin Jefferson.... WR............................ LSU
This new reserve list category was created for a player who either tests positive for COVID-19 or who has been quarantined after having been in close contact with an infected person or persons.If a player falls into either of these categories, their club is required to immediately place the player on the reserve/COVID-19 list. Per agreed upon NFL-NFLPA policy, clubs are not permitted to comment on player's medical status other than referring to roster status. Clubs may not disclose whether player is in quarantine or is positive for COVID-19.

Here we go... not good Confused
https://www.vikings.com/news/justin-jefferson-blake-brandel-brian-cole-tyler-higby-roster-moves

Wow....our 1st round pick and best hope to replace Diggsy on the Covid list. Not good at all.

[Image: 2dxubeix1q2a.jpg]

This is very Vikings.

Quote: @KingBash said:
This is very Vikings.

So true...

4 rookies and no veterans.... looks like that well-known tag team of young and stupid is at it again.

Quote: @RS Express said:
4 rookies and no veterans.... looks like that well-known tag team of young and stupid is at it again.
No veterans have been at camp yet,  I heard yesterday that it was likely that they have been exposed to sugarman and not actually tested positive and thats why they are on the list.

Brutal that they will be out 14 days. That is a lifetime in training camp time. I'm really starting to feel like this is going to be a shit show. 

I just don't see how the whole team doesn't get "exposed" once one guy in the locker room gets it.  If a center gets Covid, you think at a bare minimum the whole line and the QB are exposed.  Or all the guys in the huddle?  Maybe give everyone radios and ban the huddle for a year?

I think the NFL's use of a Covid list that doesn't specify whether it's an infection or exposure is a smart move.   Limiting public info gives them more control over the narrative and the ability to proceed with a season as opposed to being shut down by a social media mob which might happen with MLB.