Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is TJ Clemmings On the Way Out?
One news item that was not widely circulated on Friday- or at least I didn’t notice it- was that T.J. Clemmings was a healthy scratch for the Vikings at Seattle.
Pro Football Focus reported that Clemmings was benched for Friday night’s gameagainst the Seahawks, which begs the question why?
https://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/8/20/...he-way-out

For Christ's sake, yes. He should be. When they cut his ass, I'll revive the 'I'm going to lose my shit if he remains on the team' thread from a few week's ago where some so vehemently defended the guy (eye roll).

He S-U-C-K-S. 

Lol.   (eye roll).  It wasn't a defense of TJ, it was a why would you lose your shit about a backup player making the team?  If he improves, he should make the team.  If not, then he should be cut.  I am all for Viking players improving rather than being an internet hero and being fulfilled because someone didn't overcome their issues and got cut.

Quote: @greediron said:
Lol.   (eye roll).  It wasn't a defense of TJ, it was a why would you lose your shit about a backup player making the team?  If he improves, he should make the team.  If not, then he should be cut.  I am all for Viking players improving rather than being an internet hero and being fulfilled because someone didn't overcome their issues and got cut.
You crack me up, dude. So passive aggressive. I love FSUVike because he's knowledgeable, but he suffers from the same thing you have: Never Wrong Syndrome. LMAO at 'internet hero'....is there an 'internet award' for it? Must be. Fingers crossed. 

yet you are the one promising to revive a thread to prove you are right about  a player sucking.  Yeah!

I have been wrong many times, but usually because I support and hope a player is going to be the answer.  Kalilallily and Ponder for example.  I saw glimpses, had hope and wished they would be the answer.  In the end, they weren't and I was wrong about them.

Quote: @greediron said:
yet you are the one promising to revive a thread to prove you are right about  a player sucking.  Yeah!

I have been wrong many times, but usually because I support and hope a player is going to be the answer.  Kalilallily and Ponder for example.  I saw glimpses, had hope and wished they would be the answer.  In the end, they weren't and I was wrong about them.
Last year's winner. I'm going for this thing!

[Image: Colm-Lyon-2009-Internet-Hero.jpg]

I really doubt he makes the team.  He really sucked last year and I haven't heard much if any positive news surrounding him.  If you're a healthy scratch in the preseason when two of your starting lineman are out it can't bode well for your future.

OK, maybe TJ has regressed and will get waived due to performing poorly; if that's the case, so be it.

But...does it seem like this coaching staff may be a bit "grudge-y" or even vengeful? Saying something like, "Clemmings whiffed on a bunch of blocks last year and I'll throw a brick at my TV if he makes the team" is every fans' prerogative, but shouldn't good coaches take a little more objective view and keep teaching and supporting every player as long as they are on this team's roster? It sure seems like there have been few players that Zimmer just got mad at and gave up on completely (Josh Robinson, Gerald Hodges), some went into doghouses that gave them no opportunity to work through problems (Cordarelle Patterson, Jarius Wright), and others have been publicly accused of malingering when injured (Sharrif Floyd). 

He is showing some promise this year at OG, but the numbers are tough this year.  Some good OL talent is going to get cut and that is going to be hard to fight off.  One way to think about this is that Berger is in his last year so they will need someone to take his place.

Quote: @Ponifan said:
He is showing some promise this year at OG, but the numbers are tough this year.  Some good OL talent is going to get cut and that is going to be hard to fight off.  One way to think about this is that Berger is in his last year so they will need someone to take his place.
I think that is more the case.  Beavers may have suddenly had the light switch come on.  Isadora, Easton, Kerin, Elflein all seem more likely to get it at this point. 

As to Zimmer's dog house.  I think players (especially on D) that don't do their job, aren't where they are supposed to be get in the dog house.  Hodges had talent, but no discipline.  Where is he now?  Buffalo?  Josh R?  out of the league.  And saying a player can't make the club from the tub is hardly vengeful IMO.

And if the light doesn't come on for TJ, I hope he catches on somewhere and gets his confidence back.  He seems like a great kid and has talent.