Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No preseason?

Bad year to have a ton of rookies that we're counting on to contribute and having limited time to get them up to speed in the NFL game.  Wonder when the player cuts will be made relative to the first game?

No preseason is brutal. I was hoping for 2 games

Good

I   wonder if the lack of contact may prevent players from being in "game shape".

If there is anything to being in "game shape"  and the players aren't  physically ready for the season  wouldn't that correlate to more injuries?

The NFL and players get  a rare chance to learn about the importance of preseason.

I feel bad for the rookies. What a year to come into the league. 

So guys are going to get cut before ever playing in even a NFL preseason game. That's rough. Hell, some guy might only make it a few weeks. Jesus.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
What a year for everything. I feel bad for the rookies, but I feel worse for the middle school and high school athletes who have worked their asses off in football, baseball, gymnastics, volleyball, whatever, and whose development has been put on hold for God knows how long. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:
What a year for everything. I feel bad for the rookies, but I feel worse for the middle school and high school athletes who have worked their asses off in football, baseball, gymnastics, volleyball, whatever, and whose development has been put on hold for God knows how long. 
Absolutely and all the athletes that were going to compete in the Olympics. What ripple effect. 

Good lord...

Fewer practices/scrimmages and straight into a new season with live bullets?

How much hilarity will ensue???

I would think the odds for injury could sky-rocket. 

Agree with the rest of you, tough year to be a rook. Tougher year to be a lower tier rook or fa and get a chance to show your wares.