Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EXTENSION OF THE JACKSON/JEWISH HATE THREAD ST Version
We know now that anti Jewish remarks are still off limits,  as I am sure that shots at Muslims will bring the wrath of the PC police as well,  but why is it then that Christianity and those that try and follow its teaching are often called out or mocked for their beliefs and its perfectly acceptable to our society to take those shots or allow them to be taken by others?  We see it on our board all the time where those that oppose an open Christian poster get called out for their beliefs when they may be viewed to contradict their social views or posts.   Imagine if somebody was making those same comments about a member of the Jewish community or the followers of Islam,  the shit would hit the fan.

The most basic (and honest) answer is this: there are only 2 kinds of people in the world- those who are saved by faith in Jesus Christ... and those who are "enemies of the Cross".  If you believe that the Bible is true, God's Word makes it clear that Satan will use anything he can to attack- and deceive- the Church.  Ultimately, he is behind every attack against Christians.  So, why would Satan "attack" Muslims... or the ELCA... or any other unbeliever, for that matter... since they are already doing his work for him?  

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
The most basic (and honest) answer is this: there are only 2 kinds of people in the world- those who are saved by faith in Jesus Christ... and those who are "enemies of the Cross".  If you believe that the Bible is true, God's Word makes it clear that Satan will use anything he can to attack- and deceive- the Church.  Ultimately, he is behind every attack against Christians.  So, why would Satan "attack" Muslims... or the ELCA... or any other unbeliever, for that matter... since they are already doing his work for him?  
ELCA....some time when I stop by and am not in a hurry you will need to explain the differences in all the Lutheran churches to me,  by the way tell your son I was sorry to hear that he was losing his first year of college football,  that has to really suck for him and have him feeling pretty low.

ELCA...  Unbeliever, oh please explain that.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"pumpf" said:
ELCA....some time when I stop by and am not in a hurry you will need to explain the differences in all the Lutheran churches to me,  by the way tell your son I was sorry to hear that he was losing his first year of college football,  that has to really suck for him and have him feeling pretty low.
For the sake of Al, I'll go ahead and explain it now.  There are- basically- 2 "branches" of Lutheranism in America: those who believe that the Bible is "all true"... and those who believe that only "some" of it is true.  Now, among the "all true" branches, there are the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS), the Wisconsin Synod (WELS)... and some smaller, lesser-known denominations.  Among the "some of it is true" branches of Lutheranism, the main denomination is the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA).  Because they have determined that the Bible is the produce of fallible, prejudiced men, they have taken the position of authority "over" Scripture (the power to decide- for themselves- which passages they agree with and will follow vs. those that they don't agree with and reject). 

That is why the ELCA has become an example of the antichrist.  There have been many antichrists in the past and they will continue to exist- to deceive people- until the Lord returns.  The antichrist is defined- by the Bible itself- as any earthly "church" that gives the appearance of serving Christ but which- in reality- actually works against Him and leads people away from the "Truth".  The ELCA does this by affirming and encouraging things that are clearly defined as sins in the Bible (any sex outside of a marriage between one man and one woman... and abortion, for example) as well as teaching and practicing heretical things, such as ordaining women and rejecting the clear teaching of Scripture that faith in Jesus is necessary for salvation.  They have declared that any (and all) people are "saved"- regardless of what they believe or don't believe... in part, because there is no such place as "Hell"... and because God is "too loving" to condemn anyone to Hell.  While that might sound good on the surface, what it really means is that, A: The Bible is useless, since it was written so that people might believe and that, by believing, have eternal life (John 20:31)... and B: Jesus' death was pointless, since forgiveness isn't necessary for salvation.  If everyone "goes to Heaven", then what was the purpose of His death?  Why did He bother to tell His followers to "Go and make disciples of all nations", if it wasn't required for salvation?  As I said (because the Bible says it), the antichrist will give the appearance of serving Christ when, in effect, it is working against Him.  See Rev. 13 for more on the "Beast of the Earth" (which is also known as the "Harlot / Prostitute").  "Satan, himself, masquerades as an angel of light" (2 Cor. 11:14)

Okay then, I see.  Have a good day.

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"pumpf" said:
For the sake of Al, I'll go ahead and explain it now.  There are- basically- 2 "branches" of Lutheranism in America: those who believe that the Bible is "all true"... and those who believe that only "some" of it is true.  Now, among the "all true" branches, there are the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS), the Wisconsin Synod (WELS)... and some smaller, lesser-known denominations.  Among the "some of it is true" branches of Lutheranism, the main denomination is the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA).  Because they have determined that the Bible is the produce of fallible, prejudiced men, they have taken the position of authority "over" Scripture (the power to decide- for themselves- which passages they agree with and will follow vs. those that they don't agree with and reject). 

LOL. This just DRIPS in sneering bitterness and judgement. If only they had all the answers like you, Pumpf. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"pumpf" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"pumpf" said:

LOL. This just DRIPS in sneering bitterness and judgement. If only they had all the answers like you, Pumpf. 

Their words, not mine.  Don't believe me? Check out their website.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"pumpf" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"pumpf" said:

Debate the facts not the poster.  If you want to refute the post then provide substance of your own to back it up please.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"pumpf" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"pumpf" said:

Debate the facts not the poster.  If you want to refute the post then provide substance of your own to back it up please.

What fact's, he talking faith and religion.