Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's how to post Twitter links and YouTube links on this Forum
I've seen others wondering how to do this without response and I've been struggling with it too for a while. I figured it out:

Simply copy and paste the URL as "plain text" into the reply box.  Right click "paste as plaintext" or use Ctrl+Shift+V. 

The idea is you don't want to paste the YouTube/Twitter link as a blue link. Paste it as black text.

Need a solution for sabotaging your own long posts with an accidental hyperlink and seemingly impossible to correct formatting mistakes?  

Just use CTRL+Z to "undo" immediately after pasting a blue link.

It will remove the hyperlink you posted (and the broken code hiding in the background*) . Then simply just re-paste your link as plaintext.

test

If you habitually use Ctrl+V to paste things, try Ctrl+shift+V as a shortcut to paste as paintext (works in Edge, can we confirm Chrome?).

The issue is that copy/pasted hyperlinks are broken. When you paste the URL as a blue hyperlink, the HTML code that is auto generated (in the background to embed the video) is broken. It just doesn't jive with the basic HTML for hyperlinking.

A 2nd issue is, if you write a bunch of stuff, maybe add a web link for context and keep typing; *the moment you mess up and add a hyperlink instead of "plain text," that broken code hides within your entire post. You'll have to click the HTML editor widget to see it and delete it, as backspacing it out and re pasting won't address/delete the broken code.

For a minute, I was clicking the HTML icon and reformatting the code!  :3

I can confirm that the ctrl-shift-v works in firefox.  Thank you for that tip.

Quote: @greediron said:
I can confirm that the ctrl-shift-v works in firefox.  Thank you for that tip.

[Image: giphy_s.gif] 

edited as to not get thread moved

It works!

Thanks BM!

What about Twitter posts? I haven't been able to figure that one out yet, but I've seen others do so. 

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
What about Twitter posts? I haven't been able to figure that one out yet, but I've seen others do so. 

try clicking the twitter post (to get a clean url up top in your browser), copy the link and also paste as plaintext.

https://twitter.com/TimothyKSlack3/statu...4671990788

(fail. hold on...)
(edit. It un-failed, apparently, after I added the stroke. lol!)

(fail)

weird. now it worked.

try just copying the tweet URL and pasting it as plaintext.

https://twitter.com/AllBengals/status/12...4147756034