Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For the Dems/Independents here...
Who are you hoping Biden selects as Veep?

I'm throwing my vote to Warren...I think she'd make a strong, principled and convicted leader for the country. Second choice for me is Harris...

I would hate to see Warren taken out of the Senate, she could be very effective there.  Whitmer has a lot of appeal, I really liked Harris till I looked deeper at her DA background.  Liked Amy, she is one tough person.

Quote: @"BigAl99" said:
I would hate to see Warren taken out of the Senate, she could be very effective there.  Whitmer has a lot of appeal, I really liked Harris till I looked deeper at her DA background.  Liked Amy, she is one tough person.
I'm not a big Amy fan and dont think she'd have a broad & dynamic appeal  (even if she is one of us MN's). 

I did enjoy reading her dad for many years back - when he was an ink stained wretch for the Mpls paper. 

Honestly doesn’t matter to me as he can pair with anyone from Daffy Duck to Bugs Bunny and it won’t sway me either direction Regardless who it is ... because I will be holding my nose when I make my choice for Biden because the alternative is completely out of the question.

Biden is barely a notch improvement above Hillary, but since Trump’s proven beyond all doubts he’s incapable of running and protecting the country, let alone acting like a grownup, I will vote for whoever has the best shot of beating him regardless of flaws or VP choices.

If I dont use my “representation”, can I keep my taxation?

Here's my prediction.
Biden's not going to make it onto the ballot in November.  I don't really think Biden even wants to run for President.  I just
think he's been kind of forced to run, just to keep Sanders from getting
the democrat bid.
Biden will name a VP.  I've been saying it's Michelle Obama.  Maybe it's Harris.  Could be someone else.  At some point down the road, Biden will have an "incident".  I'd guess a minor stroke or some rare brain disorder that no one saw coming that explains his cognitive issues and allows him to fade into the background.  They'll promote the VP candidate to P candidate and replace the VP.  Normally you want your VP to not overshadow your P Candidate.  In this case, I think they need to pick someone that is more presidential than Biden, but maybe lacks the experience.  I think all the people in the primaries are pretty weak candidates, so they'll go outside that pool.  I think Michelle Obama has the name recognition to be on the ballot.  She's pretty non-offensive.  The democrats don't really care about if the candidates are qualified or not, since they're running purely on an "anyone but Trump" campaign.  Then they'll pair her up with an experienced establishment candidate.  I'd predict either Elizabeth Warren or Hillary Clinton.  Clinton's more experienced and would give them a super team, but has more downside as well.  Warren's less offensive but has less star power, and maybe can suck up some of the left that will be staying at home since they screwed Sanders for a 3rd time.

Regardless of the above prediction.  Democrats need to have a presidential VP, because Biden is a one term president at longest and might not even make a full term.

Quote: @"SFVikeFan" said:

Biden is barely a notch improvement above Hillary, but since Trump’s removed all doubts he’s incapable of running and protecting the country, let alone acting like a grownup, I will vote for whoever has the best shot of beating him regardless of flaws or VP choices.
This. I'm more moderate than anything, but Trump is unacceptable. Having said that, Biden is not a great choice either. But the lesser of two evils. Can you imagine what kind of school yard, immature shitfest any kind of debate between Trump and Biden would be on national TV?? The rest of the world will like holy f#$%. 

I'm hoping that Biden manages to s**t the bed so completely, so horribly, that the dnc burns in its long-overdue hell and no longer gets to treat minorities and the like as pets.

Strangely, I'm hoping that Emperor Cheeto manages to have the same effect on the gop.

Oh, and Biden...if he takes Warren...could create the "vacant and shrieking" platform, I guess.  He likely will have no idea, and she won't want to discuss how they're paying their bills.

I think Harris is the one I'd want the most. I like Abrams a lot too. Warren is a bulldog and she'd have Pence peeing down his leg in a debate, but she's also fairly divisive and would likely turn off some moderates. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Who are you hoping Biden selects as Veep?

I'm throwing my vote to Warren...I think she'd make a strong, principled and convicted leader for the country. Second choice for me is Harris...
I do not play ID politics so I won’t choose Harris or Adams because they are black. 

Warren can be a polarizing figure and an easy right wing target.  she has too many inconsistencies on her record. enough to have center right avoid her

I would go with Amy or Gretchen.  They strike as me female legit leaders who earned what they got. Not the Clinton or Harris types. Plus they can connect with the swing votes, midwestern women

Joe Joe 33030 fucked up when he committed to a female VP. The best candidate?  Andrew Yang, post covid america needs new solutions, programs, infrastucture.  Yang could get the Bernie voters, minorities, youth, and anyone who is concerned their career will be automated away in their life time