Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Luv for Love and the Packer pile-on :)
Again from PFF - for those that value PFF like I do :
He has another issue in common with Herbert: When looking just at when a quarterback has to scramble, Love’s accuracy rate of 39.4% ranks 35th in the FBS. Interestingly, Love’s passing grade on scramble plays is eighth in the country, which probably means he’s able to hit big plays — just not on a throw-by-throw basis.

This is where the allure of Jordan Love becomes apparent: The highlight reels are stocked full of him maneuvering out of the pocket and creating big plays down the field. That's why he gets compared to the likes of Patrick Mahomes and Russell Wilson. The difference is that on plays where the quarterback stayed in the pocket over the past two seasons, Mahomes and Wilson both posted elite passing grades. As much as the NFL is changing, there still has to be some play-to-play consistency from inside the pocket.

Love threw the ball to the other team way too much. His 38 turnover-worthy plays are second-most among the 2020 draft-eligible QBs at the FBS level over the last two seasons. It’s possible he had Trevor Lawrence syndrome — letting his stardom go to his head and turning the ball over too much in 2019. Love had a hard time with outside throws in particular, as he found it hard to correct some of his costly mistakes:

All of this seemed good enough for the Green Bay Packers, who, again, went on to complete one of the worst NFL drafts in recent memory. And they actually traded up into the first round to take Love with the 26th pick. The funny thing is that we value the quarterback position so highly at PFF that the case can be that the Packers won the trade.

[Image: ejxc65bqgmu3.jpeg]

Listen, the Vikings took Christian Ponder with the 12th pick in the Draft. 12th. Teams make mistakes all the time on QBs. They talk themselves into things. Nobody is immune. Its all fun to slam Green Bay, but honestly, who knows how Love will work out. Might be pretty good. Point being nobody knows yet so burying their Draft right now is pointless. Obviously I don't want the guy to work out for them but we'll find out.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Listen, the Vikings took Christian Ponder with the 12th pick in the Draft. 12th. Teams make mistakes all the time on QBs. They talk themselves into things. Nobody is immune. Its all fun to slam Green Bay, but honestly, who knows how Love will work out. Might be pretty good. Point being nobody knows yet so burying their Draft right now is pointless. Obviously I don't want the guy to work out for them but we'll find out.
Difference was: we NEEDED a QB.  Green Bay (in theory, anyway) does not.

• ESPN's Rob Demovsky reports GM Brian Gutekunst, and not coach Matt LaFleur, was the driving force behind the Packers' first-round selection of QB Jordan Love. "GM picks player" wouldn't normally qualify as breaking news, but it's been a pervasive rumor/perception over the past week that LaFleur drove the Love selection to send a message to ever-cranky Aaron Rodgers. Demovsky points out that Gutekunst began scouting quarterbacks during the run up to last year's draft, and actually attended one of Love's games in person in 2019. The line has been getting blurrier many places, but the Packers have maintained a structure of strict front office control over the 53-man roster. While both the local and national consensus has been that Rodgers will be less than thrilled with Love's arrival, the quarterback himself has not made waves, either directly or via leak. 
    SOURCE: ESPNApr 30, 2020, 10:20 PM ET
Lolololol

Yea right, nothing to see here.  We all know Rodgers never make waves and the picture of him above is when he heard the news about drafting for the Love of it.  The happy go lucky carefree Rodgers is probably home watching the Hallmark channel. 

Can someone please explain to me why the Packers felt like they had to move up to get Love?  What other team would have taken him or jumped ahead of them to grab him?  I am hearing nothing about why they had to move up and not just let him fall to them.  The Packers even tried to trade with us to get him.  

Quote: @PSBLAKE said:
Can someone please explain to me why the Packers felt like they had to move up to get Love?  What other team would have taken him or jumped ahead of them to grab him?  I am hearing nothing about why they had to move up and not just let him fall to them.  The Packers even tried to trade with us to get him.  
I don't know and I don't care. Maybe they thought they were being clever. Maybe they thought it was cool. Whatever the reason it messed up their draft and possibly team chemistry. Works for me.

[Image: abu56qvtnwbm.gif]

Quote: @PSBLAKE said:

In my opinion it showed how green the entire staff is.  they have a new GM, new coach and other people as well.  Their draft just reeked of lack of preparation, desperation and poor research.

Quote: @pumpf said:
@StickyBun said:
Difference was: we NEEDED a QB.  Green Bay (in theory, anyway) does not.
I don’t think that matters. 
Us drafting Ponder for need doesn’t make it less bad.  Drafting a good QB when you don’t need them
is infinitely better than drafting the wrong QB when you are desperate.

The Packers draft is going to revolve around how Love turns
out.  If Love with 2 years of development
turns into their 3rd HOF caliber QB in a row, this was a great
draft.  If Love turns into another Hundley,
then this was horrible.

If you see a QB you think has the building blocks you can
work with, you should draft that QB, even if it’s not convenient.  You have to draft QBs when they’re available
to you, because they more often than not aren’t going to be available when you
need them.

I think the biggest problem was the Packers rest of their
draft.  Their best shot at a SB is to
surround Rodgers with talent and let them just out-offense everyone else, and let
the defense be just good enough, and I don’t think they really did that.