Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer: Kubiak 'really, really liked' Jefferson, considered moving up
He said the team tried to move up for him before he fell to them. Wow. 

He's an extremely good route runner and the trait I love most is his body control to reel in tough catches.  That last trait is one that separates the WR1s from WR2s and 3s. He is going be a legit playmaker for us.

Jefferson had a pre-draft grade of 90 or above, which means 'rare skills'. 

I thought Philly was going to take him so I was absolutely thrilled when he was still there and we took him.

Well, you can thank the Eagles for that gift. I think 95% of mocks had JJ going to Philly. Then yesterday afternoon, there came a Christmas miracle in that story that they were super high on Reagor. I'm still in disbelief. 

Minnesota Vikings
Draft picks: LSU WR Justin Jefferson (No. 22 overall); TCU CB Jeff Gladney (No. 31 overall)

Day 1 grade and analysis: A
They acquired a first-round pick in the trade with the Bills for receiver Stefon Diggs and chose LSU's Justin Jefferson with the selection. They could not have hoped for much more. Jefferson will be the outside threat that they needed. He can win jump balls and work over the middle. That's a solid selection without having to move up. The team's other big need was cornerback, and they found a feisty corner in Gladney after trading back with the Niners, picking up fourth- and fifth-round selections to drop only six slots. He's a solid value at an important position.

Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com:

BONUS: Vikings upgrade at WR?
The Minnesota Vikings taking LSU wide receiver Justin Jefferson with the 22nd overall pick was the best value of the first round. He's perfect for Gary Kubiak's offensive system, and he'll end up catching a zillion balls for Minnesota. He's so dependable, so reliable, and will always be where he's supposed to be. He is going to get open, catches everything, and will be really good in the red zone. I wouldn't be surprised if we look back after next season and say the Vikings upgraded over Stefon Diggs.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:

BONUS: Vikings upgrade at WR?I wouldn't be surprised if we look back after next season and say the Vikings upgraded over Stefon Diggs.
Geez! If we're saying that after Jefferson's rookie year that would be unreal! Hope it happens.

Cris Collinsworth compared Jefferson to Keenan Allen. If he plays like that, without the injuries....giggity.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

BONUS: Vikings upgrade at WR?I wouldn't be surprised if we look back after next season and say the Vikings upgraded over Stefon Diggs.
Geez! If we're saying that after Jefferson's rookie year that would be unreal! Hope it happens.

Hot takes 101.  In the age of information overload, ya gotta make wild proclamations to get noticed.