Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings had interest in Trent Williams 'a month ago'

Not surprising...He's gotta fit in the cap and the price gotta be right. 

Not sure we can afford to pay Reiff LT $ at LG though..

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

from what I have heard is that Reiff would be part of the trade.   at least that is the speculation.

So DT, WR, CB with the first 3 picks (BPA), Trading Reiff and a 5th for Williams.  Niang in the 3rd, another WR/DE with the comp pick

The OL: Williams-Udoh?-Bradbury-Elf/Collins/Samia/Dozier-ONeill, Niang, Jones, Elf/Collins/Samia/Dozier, Hill.   

Williams and Udoh would be a massive left side, question would be who will take the RG position. Return of Kline for cheap?

Are Vikes in win now mode or short rebuild? Final Four of the NFC last year, beat a 13-3 team on the road in the playoffs. Can you dare take a step back to possibly take 2 forward in 2 years? Cousins will be 32 years old in August. I think its take another swing at it this year and trade for Williams. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

from what I have heard is that Reiff would be part of the trade.   at least that is the speculation.
Please let that be part of it. I've been a Reiff nay-sayer since he signed here. I can also see how that would appeal to Washington as they wouldn't be high and dry trading with Minnesota at LT as they could plug in Reiff. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Please let that be part of it. I've been a Reiff nay-sayer since he signed here. I can also see how that would appeal to Washington as they wouldn't be high and dry trading with Minnesota at LT as they could plug in Reiff. 
I was actually happy with his play compared to what he replaced.  he has had his issues,  but aside from a kick ass DE/OLB that smokes him from time to time he hasnt been to bad.  I would personally like to see us find a LT of the future in this draft,  and then decide how long we go with Reiff or Williams,  but a trade for Williams would most certainly come with an extension for him.

I just don't see how you can have player trades right now.  Isn't everything pending a physical, but they can't do physicals?

Quote: @"medaille" said:
I just don't see how you can have player trades right now.  Isn't everything pending a physical, but they can't do physicals?
I brought this up in another thread somewhere. I think there are 3rd party resources for clubs to use during this time. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"medaille" said:
I brought this up in another thread somewhere. I think there are 3rd party resources for clubs to use during this time. 
Yea the other team doctors who I heard are a pretty close and forthcoming amongst each other...but still...millions of dollars I don't think so!