Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supafreak84's Final Mock
Lot's of moving parts with this draft as it relates to the Vikings. For this mock I'm going to say the Vikings gamble on OBJ and that trade happens prior to the draft:

Vikings receive from Cleveland:
WR Odell Beckham Jr
3rd round pick (#74)

Cleveland receive from Vikings:
S Anthony Harris (been rumored and makes sense as part of this deal clearing cap space)
2nd round pick (#58)
5th round pick (#155)

Free agents I would like to see the Vikings sign on low risk 1 year deals:
CB Dre Kirkpatrick
S Tavon Wilson
DT Robert Nkemdiche

Draft:

1. (22) Yetur Gross Matos, DE Penn State- Just an intriguing blend of size (6'5"/266), length (35" arms), and power.  Uses his hands incredibly well.  An incredible 35 TFL's to go along with 17.5 sacks over the last two seasons.  The Vikings can use him anywhere in their 3rd down rush packages and he will compete to start as a rookie opposite Danielle Hunter. Needs to get better stacking against the run. Profiles as what Zimmer wants in his defensive lineman. 

[Image: beuj1nm83f8y.png] 

1. (25) Kristian Fulton, CB LSU- Has the size and pedigree Zimmer wants coming from "DBU."  Vikings have spent a lot of time with him.  Ran well at the combine (4.46).  The Vikings simply do not have bodies after purging the CB position this offseason and Fulton would be an immediate starter. 

3. (74) James Lynch, DT Baylor- Another player the Vikings have studied and interviewed. A little undersized but an ideal 3 technique in this defense. Led the Big 12 last season with 12.5 sacks and did nothing but produce in his 3 seasons at Baylor. 

3. (89) Netane Muti, G Fresno State- Is rising a bit after his medicals came back clear. One of my favorite prospects in this draft and some of my favorite tape to watch. Incredibly strong (44 reps) and nasty.  Finisher in the run game. I think he would start at LG immediately and would continue to do so as long as his body held up. 

3. (105) Ben Bartch, OT/G St. Johns (MIN)- Local developmental prospect with upside. The Vikings need to continue adding talent and upgrading the line positions. Bartch is a small school kid who showed well at the Senior Bowl. 

I think after this point I'd like to see the Vikings take a developmental QB and add some safety and special teams depth. 

Nice picks and I enjoy someone writing a mock with an OBJ trade included - whether it happens or not, interesting to speculate on that possibility.
YGM is definitely the kind of DE we like to pick. But Fulton seems too much like Holton Hill in off-field risks. Yes, marijuana will not be demonized by the NFL now, but is it an indicator of poor judgment to do things like try to fake a urinalysis?
Lynch is a smart pick also fitting their DL tastes.
I like adding more OL beef, but is Bartch really a round 3 value? St. John's to the NFL is quite a gamble, so I think he is a Day 3 pick.