Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Orleans
I watched some of the New Orleans/San Diego game last night. New Orleans looked real good, especially their run game.  The defense was impressive too. Come 9/11 I hope I don't see a repeat of game one 2015 in San Francisco.

My yearly mantra this time of year: don't look into preseason action as some kind of barometer, either good or bad. Its very unlike regular season football. 

If Minnesota starts off with a loss on MNF to New Orleans, it will be a very long season. Not because the Saints stink, but because they are a very average team. This is a very winnable game at home for the Vikings. Litmus test, IMO.

Games 1's are always a little wonky, but this is one the Vikes should and need to win. They need to pad their stats early before they hit the road for the most of the last 2 months of the season. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
My yearly mantra this time of year: don't look into preseason action as some kind of barometer, either good or bad. Its very unlike regular season football. 

If Minnesota starts off with a loss on MNF to New Orleans, it will be a very long season. Not because the Saints stink, but because they are a very average team. This is a very winnable game at home for the Vikings. Litmus test, IMO.
You could have said that about 2015 against the 49ers which were a worse team. One game doesn't make or break a season. Heck the 2003 Patriots in one of their superbowl winning seasons lost to the Bills in week one 31-0. Then the next time they played in week 17 they won 31-0 against them. With that said Vikings should win. I'm going to be there. I was 3-0 last season. I believe.

Alexander is going to get picked on big time.  The D will have to be near perfect on run D too.  Going to be tough win with Brees back there.