Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chinese and Smithfield Foods
Since somebody thinks I am OK with the chinese and smithfield... well they need a history lessen.

that occured under Obamas watch and with his blessing as Obama and the left were tripping over themselves to give even more to the chinese in terms of trade and control in the US... No fucking way would I have ever allowed a foreign company ( of any nation) to own the cheap protein industry in the US.  I was extremely vocal about it at the time and have never hidden my feelings on the matter.  How could you think that a right leaning livestock producer in the heartland of the country could ever get on board with the chinese owning the largest chunk of our meat packing/food supply chain industry?

That was one of the dumbest fucking things to happen in the last decade... and that is saying a lot considering the mountain of stupid shit that has gone on.

Orthotics could correct that leaning issue.
Cheap food is going be a big problem, the efficiency ag lproduction is key, capital or labor intensive.  We always buy direct from the producer, beef, pork, poultry and produce as much as possible, and it's one of the things I love about living in Iowa.  But grass-fed, local meat-locker produced food is not available or affordable to all.  Going to have make some big choices and some are not going to sound too comfortable.  I am optimistic that if I survive things will get better and not just going back to the same as it was.  You know that What don't kill you makes you stronger BS my folks used to talk about, they were from the depression era.   

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
Orthotics could correct that leaning issue.
Cheap food is going be a big problem, the efficiency ag labor is key, capital or labor intensive.  We always buy direct from the producer, beef, pork, poultry and produce as much as possible, and it's one of the things I love about living in Iowa.  But grass-fed, local meat-locker produced food is not available or affordable to all.  Going to have make some big choices and some are not going to sound too comfortable.  I am optimistic that if I survive things will get better and not just going back to the same as it was.  You know that What don't kill you makes you stronger BS my folks used to talk about, they were from the depression era.   
Ive got a few 1100#ish  grass raised steers that will be corn finished and ready to go to market in mid June,  I am hoping to sell them all direct to consumers.  The packers have been screwing the producer over for to long and I am all about trying to take a few dollars out of their wallets.  Thank you for buying from your local producers!

Edit... and thanks for the tip on the lean!   maybe if I put my wallet in the other pocket?

This isn’t about political party wins/losses.  It’s about politicians versus the people. I have been very clear that both parties are pretty ridiculous consistently.  In this case Dems sold out, they’re assholes for doing such.  If it was the GOP, they too would be assholes.

The system is broken.  Period

Quote: @Skodin said:
This isn’t about political party wins/losses.  It’s about politicians versus the people. I have been very clear that both parties are pretty ridiculous consistently.  In this case Dems sold out, they’re assholes for doing such.  If it was the GOP, they too would be assholes.

The system is broken.  Period
Thank you... I've been saying that for years,  but all i hear is that because I dont go "orange man bad" at every clip posted from twitter is that I am a dead red trump apologist and party before country and all the other bull shit i get called because  i dont want to hang trump.

his trade war with the chinese and getting bullish on their cart blanche treatment in our country is something I would think most Americans would have gotten behind regardless of political affiliation, but there must have been something in the works for the blue team that this fucks with because he has gotten nothing but push back as far as anything related to china.

Globalism, no matter the intentions, is bad.

Foreign governments or foreigners should not be able to buy companies that produce essential items. 

Nor should local companies be allowed to move their operations outside the US to save tax dollars or exploit cheap labor. 

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
Globalism, no matter the intentions, is bad.

Foreign governments or foreigners should not be able to buy companies that produce essential items. 

Nor should local companies be allowed to move their operations outside the US to save tax dollars or exploit cheap labor. 
over all I agree,  but there has to be some wiggle room,  its damn hard for American mfgs to compete no matter how big of a tariff we put on some chinese goods.  i do agree though that items like food and medical shit should in no way be allowed to have outside control.  same with defensive military shit to some extent.

Let’s add politicians while we are at it.

Foreign governments or lobbyists representing them should not give anyone that serves or has served in our governments.  

Or their kids.  

JMO globalism is not a goal, never has been, just the result of technology and communication.  Economics adapts to the market place, as your range expands, so do resources and the ability to sell to larger populations.   The internet and Amazon are just the latest version of the post office and Sears catalog.       

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
JMO globalism is not a goal, never has been, just the result of technology and communication.  Economics adapts to the market place, as your range expands, so do resources and the ability to sell to larger populations.   The internet and Amazon are just the latest version of the post office and Sears catalog.       
I think globalism is some people goal.  One world government no more countries,   I've seen examples of such and some past actions have suggested as much.  Look how pissy the rest of Europe got when Britton wanted out,  or how hard some push for trade pacts that arent a win for the US.  

I agree with you post in some ways,   but not so much in others.