Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maroon Bells Mock Draft
Trades:
Trade 3rd rounder to Redskins for Trent Williams, LT. 
Trade Anthony Harris for 3rd rounder

1a. AJ Terrell, CB
1b. Brandon Aiyuk, WR (traded down for a 3rd)
2. Neville Gallimore, DT
3a. Ashtyn Davis, FS (pick from Anthony Harris trade)
3b. Darrell Taylor, DE
3c. Amik Robertson, 5B
3d. Traded for Trent Williams
4. Hakeem Adeniji, G
5. Donovan Peoples Jones, WR
6a. JR Reed, SS
6b. Tanner Muse, Big Nickel S
7a. Kyle Hinton, IOL
7b. Tyler Bass, K
7c. Malcom Perry, QB/WR

Key units post draft:
DL
DE: Danielle Hunter, Darrell Taylor
NT: Michael Pierce, Jaleel Johnson
3T: Neville Gallimore, Armon Watts, Hercules Mata’afa
DE: Ofeadi Odenigbo, Darrell Taylor

OL
LT: Trent Williams, Hill
LG: Riley Reiff, Elflein
C: Garrett Bradbury, Elflein, Hinton
RG: Dru Samia, Hakeem Adeniji
RT: Brian O’Neill, Udoh

DB
CB: Mike Hughes, Hill
CB: AJ Terrell,  Boyd
5B: Amik Robertson
SS: Harrison Smith, JR Reed
FS: Ashtyn Davis, Tanner Muse

WR:
Adam Thielen
Brandon Aiyuk
Bisi Johnson
Donovan Peoples Jones
Tajae Sharpe
Chad Beebe

Great draft and wouldnt be sad. Love Trent W However i want even more big guys as meathead said.  I know its not falling well this year for that. I like Gallimore enough to take him in the first if we cant get back to early second.  I cant see him  getting past early 40’s. I would even go Gallimore or Blacklock or Epenesa in the first if we could swing a trent deal. 

Josh Jones, Ruiz, Herbert or one of the LB’s is on my list before Gallimore. We need immediate help on both sides in the run game. All these guys are high floor picks we cant afford misses and retool on the fly. Pretty deep WR and CB class 

Aiyuk is dreamy, Like Davis pick. Your 4,5 and 6a are awesome value. 

Not bad. Only issue I have is that would leave us trotting out 3 rookie safeties, in addition to a young CB group as well. Otherwise, aces.

Overall I think you fill needs with solid players. You know my feelings towards Gallimore, but a 3T in round 2 makes a lot of sense. Ashtyn Davis is definitely a guy I think they'll have eye on if they move Harris so that is a really nice fit.

I haven't seen many people talk about Donovan Peoples-Jones much on the board. He's an intriguing dude but I doubt he lasts that long. His testing and pedigree will ultimately get a team to overdraft him. The biggest question is how much did Shea Patterson and Michigan's scheme negatively impact him? It had an impact without a doubt. But I think he is more of a track athlete since his play speed on the field doesn't match testing numbers. But if you want to develop him as a true 'X' receiver I can definitely get on-board with that. 

Any draft with Robertson is getting my stamp of approval.

I'll echo Geoff regarding DPJ sliding that far, but in this in a historically deep draft, who knows?

I'm not sure Muse is a S at this level.

Williams for a third AND a sweetner is what I believe gets it done.

Appreciate the time and effort.

Did you subscribe to the Athletic? McGinn's updates are out.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
Overall I think you fill needs with solid players. You know my feelings towards Gallimore, but a 3T in round 2 makes a lot of sense. Ashtyn Davis is definitely a guy I think they'll have eye on if they move Harris so that is a really nice fit.

I haven't seen many people talk about Donovan Peoples-Jones much on the board. He's an intriguing dude but I doubt he lasts that long. His testing and pedigree will ultimately get a team to overdraft him. The biggest question is how much did Shea Patterson and Michigan's scheme negatively impact him? It had an impact without a doubt. But I think he is more of a track athlete since his play speed on the field doesn't match testing numbers. But if you want to develop him as a true 'X' receiver I can definitely get on-board with that. 
On DPJ, I love players who were 5-star recruits and then were either hurt, or put into an offense that perhaps stunted their true ability. Diggs was exactly that. I actually think we'll be shocked at the receivers who are available in the 5th. Even if half of the NFL takes a receiver in the first three rounds, there's another handful who will get pushed down as those teams fill other needs. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Any draft with Robertson is getting my stamp of approval.

I'll echo Geoff regarding DPJ sliding that far, but in this in a historically deep draft, who knows?

I'm not sure Muse is a S at this level.

Williams for a third AND a sweetner is what I believe gets it done.

Appreciate the time and effort.

Did you subscribe to the Athletic? McGinn's updates are out.
Yep. His anonymous scouts are so often wrong, but I do love the fact that with every player he provides quotes from a scout who likes the player and quotes from a scout who doesn't.

I like almost all of it until you took a freaking kicker.  I mean, come on man!  The Vikings have proven that they should not be in the business of using draft picks on kickers.

Also, they just gave Dan Bailey a 3 year 10 mil deal.  It is highly doubtful they have any type of competition for his job.

I probably would have used that pick on another speedy linebacker because Gedeon and Smith are not the answer.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
I like almost all of it until you took a freaking kicker.  I mean, come on man!  The Vikings have proven that they should not be in the business of using draft picks on kickers.

Also, they just gave Dan Bailey a 3 year 10 mil deal.  It is highly doubtful they have any type of competition for his job.

I probably would have used that pick on another speedy linebacker because Gedeon and Smith are not the answer.
So turn it around. At the end of the day, all draft picks are capital. Bass is a damn good kicker who kicks it into the end zone every time. Feature him in the preseason and if he lights it up, trade him to one of the half dozen teams whose kicker will shit the bed. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@MarkSP18 said:

So turn it around. At the end of the day, all draft picks are capital. Bass is a damn good kicker who kicks it into the end zone every time. Feature him in the preseason and if he lights it up, trade him to one of the half dozen teams whose kicker will shit the bed. 
You'll get a 5th round pick back for your 7th  Wink