Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We need our old uniforms back!
Watching some of the games being re-aired just reminds me of how iconic our uniforms were for so many years. Specifically I watched the 2009 MNF game last night with Favre vs GB. Those uniforms with the grey facemask and dark purple are simply bad ass! Other teams haven't changed theirs for as long as I have been watching football ie: the Steelers and Green bay, so why did we change ours? I haven't liked our current design or the shade of purple since they rolled them out. Its almost like they look too "pretty" or something.

How does one petition for a uniform change? I would be willing to start one...that is how much I dislike what we have currently. Even if we cannot go back to a previous version, I would be okay with something like what Baltimore has.  They look intimidating, mean and nasty and they have essentially the same color scheme that we do...this is football after all! In business, there is the old term of "dress for success" or "you feel how you look". Could there be any psychological advantage to the uniform? Maybe...but who knows?!?

for every version of the uniform there are some that support it and some that want it back to the previous version.  this should be a fun conversation as I remember how many people hated those 2009 uniforms.... until they werent our uniforms any longer.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
for every version of the uniform there are some that support it and some that want it back to the previous version.  this should be a fun conversation as I remember how many people hated those 2009 uniforms.... until they werent our uniforms any longer.
No way, everyone loved those “throwbacks” we rocked in 09.  It was the regular uniforms that didn’t stand the test of time.   

We don’t have to go back exactly to those designs, but just bring the dark shade of purple back, both for the jerseys and helmets.  Grey face masks would be a welcome bonus

Our 70s throwbacks are awesome and even our late 90s jerseys Moss rocks in all the old highlights are great.
Those are both a lot better than what we have now.

But our current unis are soooo much better than the lavender Reebok EJ Henderson era jerseys that I can't complain too much.
I bet they'll stick with our currents for another couple years and then switch to something closer to our traditionals. At least our helmets are still elite.

Quote: @Skodin said:
@JimmyinSD said:
No way, everyone loved those “throwbacks” we rocked in 09.  It was the regular uniforms that didn’t stand the test of time.   

We don’t have to go back exactly to those designs, but just bring the dark shade of purple back, both for the jerseys and helmets.  Grey face masks would be a welcome bonus
wanna bet... i remember those conversations.  I promise you that there will be plenty of people hating on that era of jerseys in this thread if it sticks around.  especially the get off my lawn crowd that wants the original 60s era jerseys brought back.

I think at the very least they should wear the throwbacks 3-4 times a year. You would think from a marketing standpoint it ramps up jersey sales as well?

Quote: @kmillard said:
I think at the very least they should wear the throwbacks 3-4 times a year. You would think from a marketing standpoint it ramps up jersey sales as well?
what are throw backs?  how many different variations of Vikings jerseys are there?

I have always loved the 1970's road uniforms (reminds me of LSU's road uni's).  I wish we could see them from time to time versus those silly color rush monstrosities...

[Image: John-Gilliam-One.jpg]

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@kmillard said:
what are throw backs?  how many different variations of Vikings jerseys are there?
when I speak of throwbacks, it can be any uniform from the 60s and 70s. When they last did them it was the 70s version.

Quote: @kmillard said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@kmillard said:
when I speak of throwbacks, it can be any uniform from the 60s and 70s. When they last did them it was the 70s version.
the 80s unis were pretty much the same except the color of the face mask IIRC.

oh and they were able to wear white shoes... i remember that being a big Fn deal back in the day.