Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from an old friend
Hey all,

I just wanted to take a moment to share a greeting from an old friend of the board.   I heard from Sassy last night and she wanted me to say hi to everybody for her.   After the passing of Don she took a moment to really step back and look at how she spends her time and decided that internet message boards werent a good use of it.  I am sure her new life as a single parent and the challenges that go along with that have added to that decision,  but she still considers many of us friends and wanted us to know she is still kicking.  (she was actually fishing with Kayce when she called.)

Life has kicked her several more times since Don passed,  and the covid shut down of the country has been particularly hard on her,  but she still has her girls and the outdoors so she is coping.   

just remember to keep the Hunt Club in our prayers as they are still very much in need!

Why isn't Chuck Foreman in the Hall of Fame?

Thanks for sharing this

OH... and she says that its in her plans for her and Kayce to come to a home game and to tailgate with us all,  and to meet up with us in 3 years when the Vikings head to Las Vegas to take on the Raiders since that is the closest team to her now.

thanks Jimmy.  thought if her often and im glad to hear she is coping.

Quote: @Caactorvike said:
thanks Jimmy.  thought if her often and im glad to hear she is coping.
her ass has been kicked pretty hard since Dons passing.  Her Mother died the day of Dons memeorial service,  Her mother in law and brother in law  have also both passed as well in the last year.  Its likely a good thing she has stepped away from these boards or she would likely have blown up so many times.

OMG— poor Sass. That is way more than anyone should have to bear. If you are in touch again, please tell her that so many here send lots of love, prayers and strength.

Quote: @Caactorvike said:
OMG— poor Sass. That is way more than anyone should have to bear. If you are in touch again, please tell her that so many here send lots of love, prayers and strength.
I can do that,  but I am also thinking that once this thing has passed we maybe try and do 1 more fund me to get her and her daughters to Minny for a tailgate and game?  or just offer her the money at that time in case there are still bills hanging over her head that she needs help with.

I’m in!

Thanks for sharing, great lady.  Tailgated in AZ with her, Don, her mom / others the 2009 game. Hope she can rebound quickly & fortune begins to smile on her again

Thanks for sharing this Jimmy.  I think about Sarah and the girls often.  Say hi to her next time you chat.