Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My thread was removed
A1Janitor is posting conspiracy theories. 

There's a reason out here in CA we're doing well. We read facts, and we respond accordingly.

Bullshit.

I posted the results of the french test that was reported today. 

Post still up. 

https://vikefans.com/discussion/#/discussion/11313/a1janitor-is-literally-posting-conspiracy-stuff-thats-been-proven-incorrect

it's moved, not removed. It's over in Sensitive Topics...Note, I dont have moderator capability to do that Smile

See the categories listed on the left? 
  • All Categories
  • The Longship
  • News
  • Sensitive Topics
Best to keep the politics over there. At least that way we're being respectful to people on the Longship board who want nothing to do with that stuff.

Granted politics crept into the Coronavirus thread (and some of the miracle cures can be construed to be political) but we're  trying to self-police so Jimmy doesnt go nuts. 

When posting a new thread, you can click on categories before "post" and your OP will go to that specific board. Maybe its easier on a desktop vs mobile? 

California is doing well?

The models were wrong. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
it's moved, not removed. It's over in Sensitive Topics...Note, I dont have moderator capability to do that Smile

See the categories listed on the left? 
  • All Categories
  • The Longship
  • News
  • Sensitive Topics
Best to keep the politics over there. At least that way we're being respectful to people on the Longship board who want nothing to do with that stuff.

Granted politics crept into the Coronavirus thread (and some of the miracle cures can be construed to be political) but we're  trying to self-police so Jimmy doesnt go nuts. 

When posting a new thread, you can click on categories before "post" and your OP will go to that specific board. Maybe its easier on a desktop vs mobile? 
Hahaha miracle results being politics?

I fucking posted the actual results of the latest French Study. 

People who misconstrue that post are political.  The results are the results.  I am sorry they weren’t what KB wanted. 

And yes, I wish Cuomo and de Blasio followed what California did.  

They are taking huge criticism for not acting sooner.  

To be fair ... New York went first and California had that as a guide.  

It seems Gavin got it right. I believe they went into shut-down mode March 16?

As a parent with a kid in LA? I'm grateful and still leery the country has the agility to slowly re-open correctly.

New territory for all the experts to navigate - and the stakes are huge. 

Stay @ Home:
  • Ca - 3/19
  • NY - 3/22
  • IL - 3/21
  • La - 3/23
The gap isn't as big as we might think.

I think a bigger factor than timing is that CA (and LA especially) has a demography that is more widely spread relative to the Boroughs of NY. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Stay @ Home:
  • Ca - 3/19
  • NY - 3/22
  • IL - 3/21
  • La - 3/23

I think a bigger factor than timing is that CA (and LA especially) has a demography that is more widely spread relative to the Boroughs of NY. 
My father grew up where the epicenter was in queens.  

I was in the hospital that had all the cases like ten years ago - my family lived in Jackson heights. 

I wonder what the connection with Laguardia and JFK and travel from countries with the disease are. 

Quote: @A1Janitor said:
@purplefaithful said:
Stay @ Home:
  • Ca - 3/19
  • NY - 3/22
  • IL - 3/21
  • La - 3/23

My father grew up where the epicenter was in queens.  

I was in the hospital that had all the cases like ten years ago - my family lived in Jackson heights. 

I wonder what the connection with Laguardia and JFK and travel from countries with the disease are. 
Could be, but I think a huge factor in spread was lack of procedure, testing and just density. 

I read somewhere that a prevailing theory from the detective work is that it was most likely brought here from Europe - and not China. 

Maybe a nice chianti with a helping of pasta and some marinara gravy with that Covid?