Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Never say never"
Free agent DE Everson Griffen said, "Never say never" on a return to the Vikings.Griffen is probably the No. 2 free agent DE on the market behind only Jadeveon Clowney. He's seemingly confused at the lack of interest thus far, noting, "This process, for me, has taken a lot of patience, a lot of self-reflection, too ... It's like, why haven't (more) teams been interested? And the reason why is because they don't know Everson." Griffen went on to explain his personal problems outside of football in 2018 before adding, "I'm a hundred percent positive that 2019 was just a glimpse of what I still have left in the tank." Of course, Griffen was fantastic last season, racking up 66 pressures and formed one of the league's most-fearsome duos among edge rushers alongside Danielle Hunter.
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on TwitterApr 10, 2020, 4:34 PM ET

isn't FA pretty much on ice now till the draft?

I dont see a dominating heir apparent for EG on the team right now and it'd be nice not to have DE as a need. But he's disappeared too much in the second half of seasons and in big games too. 

At the right price? I guess so. 

I'm still holding out hope that the Vikes re-sign Griff. Best for both parties. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
isn't FA pretty much on ice now till the draft?

I dont see a dominating heir apparent for EG on the team right now and it'd be nice not to have DE as a need. But he's disappeared too much in the second half of seasons and in big games too. 

At the right price? I guess so. 
He  needs to take a humble contract that allows the team to use him more in a rotation and to extend his legs for the entire season.

How do the incentives work, are these dollars against cap money at some time, or is this a way to overpay for performance?

I love seeing him out there.  I would like to see him back.

Maybe after the draft Clowney and Griff will be signed.

Did both of them overestimate their worth in the UFA market?

Odd they are both   unsigned.

There might not even be a season in 2020.  A guy like Griff who may only play two or three more seasons before he retires might not land anywhere soon.