Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rhodes To Indy

Colts signed CB Xavier Rhodes, formerly of the Vikings, to a one-year contract. In steady decline as he has battled a variety of minor injuries over the past two years, Rhodes was released by the Vikings, the only team he had ever known, on the eve of free agency. He turns 30 in June. It is nevertheless a low-risk potential bounce-back signing for a team that has improved on defense this offseason but was still a man short at cornerback. It would not be the first time a player with Rhodes' pedigree shook off a slump. 
RELATED: 

Now here is some real optimism...  Wink  B)

It would not be the first time a player with Rhodes' pedigree shook off a slump. 

While he did seem to decline physically, I think that a big part of his decline was mental. Mistakes would pile up, he'd keep putting more pressure on himself to perform, and just end up getting upset and losing focus. A change of scenery and having less pressure on himself may help or maybe he slowed down just enough that he can't pull off his style of play anymore.

Of all the guys, I sort of thought somehow he'd be back with us. He was a great player here for multiple years. I do think he has some bounce-back potential by reinventing himself as either a safety or just by adapting his skillset. Maybe not though. Tough to say.

Best of luck, Xavier.

That game against Indy will be interesting. Good luck Xavier except against the Vikings.

Yup, good luck to him...

End of career looks so painful for these guys - most of em anyways. 

I hope he's been good with his $.

Signed a 1 yr approx 5 million contract...