Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Geoff Nichols- RDE
Hi Geoff:

Did the Vikings give Pierce money that Griffen turned down?  What do think their plan is to replace what Griffen and Weatherly gave them pass rush wise?

Good question. Asides from Hunter, Griff was our best all around pass rusher. Really hate to see him go, if that's what happens. This has been a bad year to look at impact edge rushers, from FA to the draft.

I don't think that Everson's money went to Pierce. I believe he always was someone of interest. Ifeadi will obviously have a larger role next season but they'll add more depth during the draft. 

Have we heard yet as to what team Griffin is suppose to sign with?

Quote: @"ArizonaViking" said:
Dallas seems to have quite a bit of interest. Although they cut-off talks I still wouldn't completely write off MN. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:
Dallas seems to have quite a bit of interest. Although they cut-off talks I still wouldn't completely write off MN. 
Just thinking out loud here...  if the Vikings end up trading Harris (and free up 11 million), would they consider bringing back Everson at that point?  They would have the cap space to make the move and that would certainly cross one more need off the draft list.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:
Just thinking out loud here...  if the Vikings end up trading Harris (and free up 11 million), would they consider bringing back Everson at that point?  They would have the cap space to make the move and that would certainly cross one more need off the draft list.
I don't think they'll trade Harris unless they can parlay it into a high-end improvement for the O-line. So if Everson is back its probably into the remainder of their cap space. 

@"Wetlander" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:
I don't think they'll trade Harris unless they can parlay it into a high-end improvement for the O-line. So if Everson is back its probably into the remainder of their cap space. 
@"Wetlander" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"ArizonaViking" said:
if it's not Thuney, who are they looking at? Please, not Williams.