Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Has Been Too Much Boggs, And Not Enough Andy Dufrense
First of all, I'm grateful me and mine are healthy so far...

But, god damn, anytime someone wants to drag 2020 Boggs from his cell, and nearly beat it to death is fine by me...

Everything that was in place for the new job in Charlotte is slowly circling the bowl...start date moved to 4/20 (really, 4/20) from 3/30...my boss is trying to arrange for WFH, but not having any luck...

Found out there is an open permit on my house, from 2001, which will probably fuck up closing on 3/30...I could carry the mortgage and rent, but not without my job starting...

I'm supposed to sign a lease on a really cool downtown apartment, a 10 minute walk from work, but I trust my new start date for work as much as I trust a fart...

Not to mention my girlfriend working in a cancer center where she is constantly being exposed to the most compromised patients...

I know how it ended for Boggs

I know how it ended for Andy

Trying to remain positive, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled wide open in the laundry room...fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck...

Sorry, buddy. That sucks so damn hard. Fucking virus. 

[Image: sales-of-hang-in-there-2.jpg?resize=307%2C425&ssl=1]

Sticky beat me to it...Hang in there, deep breath, one day @ a time.  

Hug your doggies.

.[Image: kid-hugs-dog.jpg]

hang tough Barr - This whole Coronavirus is one big cluster F for everyone 

If it makes you feel any better, in the last 6 months I :

- lost my good paying job due to mgmt being cowardly slime balls
- was denied unemployment
- was hit by an uninsured 67 year old who was high, ran a red light and totaled my car and injured me costing me a lot
- found out I was diabetic and had to go on meds and change lifestyle
- took a job for peanuts in a startup biz, which involves commuting 260 miles one way twice a week and sleeping on a relative's couch;  though the biz has been more enjoyable than my old job, up until covid19 shut us down, hopefully we survive

So you know, sometimes shit happens in life.   Or maybe it's just Boggs.   

Dayum Comet...The universe owes you some really good karma at this point, and I hope you get it. 

@comet52 you hang tough! 

Very sorry to hear Barr and Comet.  I was PO'd because I had to cancel my 35 anniversary trip to St Thomas next month, but other than that, things are kind of the same.  I work remotely anyway, so this "work from home" thing is just what I do.
It's stories like yours that shows how lucky I have it now, but I also know things can change for the worse at anytime.
Hang in there, guys - good luck and SKOL to you!

Hope things turn around for both of you. I am hopeful some normalcy will come sooner than what the disaster prophets are preaching right now.