Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Price Point Vikings Might Be Willing To Pay A Slot CB
[Image: urniv3udbdtj.jpeg].

Apparently is free...free free free...free...

who knows. maybe we made a similar offer 

Anybody else wonder if the Vikings are maybe poisoned right now to free agents.  Maybe some fall out from Diggs or some other player recent former player?  

Possibly, but if I'm rebuilding why would I sign guys that will be near 30 when my window opens again?

Coleman or Ryan only made sense if they were trying to go All In next season. Now that we know they're not positions where the wheels fall off fast like CB make zero sense to fill with older FAs. Needs to come from the Draft or a trade for a younger guy.

Quote: @Viking1987 said:
who knows. maybe we made a similar offer 
The Vikings offered the league minimum. Wasn't going to get it done. 

Quote: @FSUVike said:
Possibly, but if I'm rebuilding why would I sign guys that will be near 30 when my window opens again?

Coleman or Ryan only made sense if they were trying to go All In next season. Now that we know they're not positions where the wheels fall off fast like CB make zero sense to fill with older FAs. Needs to come from the Draft or a trade for a younger guy.
What is they are going to potentially leave Hughes in the slot or have high expectations for Sayles? 

This lack of a secondary is getting blown so far out of proportion. They obviously will add in the draft but their top 4 of Hughes, Hill, Boyd, and Sayles is not nearly as bad as most are making it out to be. The Chiefs literally won the Super Bowl with a 2nd year UDFA, and Bashaud Breeland (who can't find a new team) as CB. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@FSUVike said:

What is they are going to potentially leave Hughes in the slot or have high expectations for Sayles? 

This lack of a secondary is getting blown so far out of proportion. They obviously will add in the draft but their top 4 of Hughes, Hill, Boyd, and Sayles is not nearly as bad as most are making it out to be. The Chiefs literally won the Super Bowl with a 2nd year UDFA, and Bashaud Breeland (who can't find a new team) as CB. 
I agree with all the secondary moves with the exception of Mac Alexander leaving for a 1 yr $4 million.  Not sure, but according to a few reports he was going to move on almost regardless of what we offered because he was pissed he got injured in a meaningless Bears game where most starters sat.  Not sure what we could have done to get him to stay but 99% of the time money helpsSmile  So I am wondering if others think 5 million would have done the trick and a promise to let him compete outside (which I also think he wants).  Also, would others have been OK with 5 Million for Mac?

Look at Jonathan Joseph for a vet min deal.  TNewman 2.0 and draft a rookie in the first 3 rounds. 

If we can find some more help on the DL (aka 2nd round DT pick + Clowney :open_mouth: Or Kinlaw from trade up and 3rd round DE) your young talented yet still maturing CB’s will look damn good.

I like Dantzler in the 2nd/3rd round with his size, he could be coached up, sliding Hughes inside, giving you two long CB’s outside in Hill and Dantzler with a stellar pass rush both on the edge and inside.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@FSUVike said:

But the Chiefs' model in their secondary is far different from what Zimmer has done since arriving in Minnesota (and what he did in Cincinnati), which was stressing top talent at CB. Is he going to run a completely different approach? On the one hand I applaud the flexibility, but does his background really mean we should be confident in what will be an experimental approach for him?

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@FSUVike said:

But the Chiefs' model in their secondary is far different from what Zimmer has done since arriving in Minnesota (and what he did in Cincinnati), which was stressing top talent at CB. Is he going to run a completely different approach? On the one hand I applaud the flexibility, but does his background really mean we should be confident in what will be an experimental approach for him?
The Chiefs also have another advantage.  Patrick Mahomes.