Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on Trade for Quinton Dunbar (CB) Redskins?
Just read that the redskins have him on the trading block.  6'2 200lbs and 27 years old.  Not sure what trade capital we have other then maybe Harris?  I would be more comfortable having a top tier CB on the roster then Harris at Safety alongside Hitman Harry.  I think we can find a Safety much easier in the draft then risk finding a top CB (dahSmile.  Oh and I would think the contract $$$ would be somewhat similar.  

he is on the last year of his deal,  he obviously is wanting more than the skins are ready to pay so I dont know that you would have to give up Harris to get him.  I would look at still trying to get a 2nd or 3rd for Harris, and then offer a 4th or 5th for Dunbar. 

Dunbar turns 28 this summer so he is on the back side of his prime IMO,  you would likely get a good year or 2 out of him before the wheels fall off, but the risk is certainly higher with him than it is with Harris IMO so if he is going to want 10+ for 3 or more years I would have to pass. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
he is on the last year of his deal,  he obviously is wanting more than the skins are ready to pay so I dont know that you would have to give up Harris to get him.  I would look at still trying to get a 2nd or 3rd for Harris, and then offer a 4th or 5th for Dunbar. 

Dunbar turns 28 this summer so he is on the back side of his prime IMO,  you would likely get a good year or 2 out of him before the wheels fall off, but the risk is certainly higher with him than it is with Harris IMO so if he is going to want 10+ for 3 or more years I would have to pass. 
Monday, March 23[Image: wsh.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true][Image: sea.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true]
Washington trades Quinton Dunbar to SeattleSeattle Seahawks get: CB Quinton Dunbar

Washington gets: 2020 fifth-round pick
Seahawks grade: B+

Washington grade: D+
After successfully snatching safety Quandre Diggs off the Lions' roster last season, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll and general manager John Schneider have made another low-cost, high-upside addition by sending a fifth-round pick to Washington for its former starting cornerback. Dunbar was one of the few reasons to turn on Washington tape last season; quarterbacks posted a passer rating of 68.4 with Dunbar in coverage, the 14th-best mark in the league for cornerbacks who were targeted at least 30 times. Dunbar also has the athleticism to play either outside or in the slot, which is an added bonus.

you were spot on jimmy.....wish we could have made the move for a 5th

Glad we didn't trade for this guy...  Lol

A real lockdown corner.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
A real lockdown corner.
Great in a small area. 

Little too handsy, really likes to mug people.

Will drink your milkshake.

Quinton Dun(throughplayingnowbehind)bar(s)

San Quinton Dunbarred.