Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Gambler.... ( I cant believe nobody else posted this one )

I love Kenny’s music. My friends and I saw a show of his in 2017. It was very sad. He sat on a chair most of the show. He even stopped singing and was mumbling more or less during parts of songs. All of us in the audience must’ve had concerned looks on our faces, because at one point he said, “Hey, I’m okay, I’m not dying! I just had surgery a couple weeks ago.” 

My favorite Kenny movie is Six Pack. That movie is as 80s as it comes Smile

Kenny and Dolly together were awesome, and I loved his duets with Dottie West too. 

One more piece from childhood gone, I guess...

when he was in his hay days,  i was hard core into Hard Rock,  I remember family trips clawing at my ears as my dad would crank his 70s and early 80s country.... funny thing is 30 years later I can appreciate the hell out of some of those musicians and their ability to carry a tune like most of the artist of my youth couldnt dream of.

You’ve got to know when to hold ‘em
Know when to post ‘em...

RIP Kenny

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
You’ve got to know when to hold ‘em
Know when to post ‘em...

RIP Kenny
You are an island in a stream of internet personalities 

Some people don't know some of Kenny's early work: He started out in teenage rock and psychedelic rock....also a little jazz.

Great, I'm going to have "you picked a fine time to leave me Lucille" in my head all day....

I saw he had passed away, and honestly I thought he had already died. I’m not sure why I thought that.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Great, I'm going to have "you picked a fine time to leave me Lucille" in my head all day....

I used to watch nascar a lot and everytime somebody would have a wheel fall off a race car Daryl Waltrip would start to sing  "you picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel"  so now every time I have work done on my truck and they have to mess with my wheels that song pops into my head... because of those tags they hang in the vehicle as a reminder to check your lug nuts after 50 miles.
and Sticky is right,  KR had quite a career and worked with a lot of people in a lot of genres.  kinda like Johnny Cash,  most people didnt know the whole story until his movie came out.