Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Young Guns?
With 2 or maybe 3 potential FA moves left it's looking to me like this is going to be a very young roster next year. So far 10 players have left and only 1 FA has been signed. Even if you add 2 more guys (Slot CB, LG and WR seem the most likely potential FA signings) that still leaves the team at a net minus of 7. Which means a big opportunity for PS guys and Draft Picks to make the Final 53, or really 55 since you can carry 2 more on Gameday.

So let's project a bit and please let me know whom I miss:

RDE-All Vowels + Rookie. And maybe a higher pick than we expect as both Guru and I feel that Ogdenigbo is better as a supersub all along the Line who will get Starter type reps without actually Starting. 

NT-Pierce. Jaleel backs him up.

3T-Rookie + Watts. Fully expect either a 1st or 2nd Round Pick here. 

LDE-Hunter + ? Late Round or UDFA freak Athlete needed. Too bad 1 of Bower or Aruna didn't stay healthy. 

LBs are set with 'Old Men' Kendricks, Barr and Wilson plus the depth which is mostly ST guys.

CBs-Hughes, Hill, Boyd + FA Vet and/or Rookie. I think scraping up the sheckles for Robey-Coleman to play Slot makes some sense at least from the perspective that there isn't a Slot CB on the Roster currently and most CBs in College don't exclusively play that position so a Draft Pick will need some time to get up to speed. But a fairly high pick is also likely. 

Safety-Starters are set with Harris and Smith but there's no depth, so at least one Rookie will likely make the team.

LT-Reiff + Hill.

LG-Rookie. I think one of the 1st Round Picks is an LT who plays LG for a year then takes over for Reiff in 2021. I also anticipate a mid-round pick here too. Add Collins if he can ever stay healthy. 

C-Bradbury + Elf.

RG-Samia + that mid-round pick I mentioned. 

RT-O'Neill + Udoh.

TE-Rudy + Irv. Maybe a low round pick if Morgan doesn't return. 

WR-Thielen, Veteran FA, Rookie + Bisi and Bebe. This is another spot where a veteran makes sense. And almost certainly a Draft Pick. Bisi is more of a 4th WR and Bebe can't stay healthy so far. Interesting Draft, the 1st Round guys have huge upside but you can get value in the 3rd with guys like Johnson and Ceephus. 

RBs-Cook, Mattison, Boone, Ham. All set here.

ST-Bailey, Colquitt. All set here.

I didn't list some fringe guys like Jalyn Holmes or any PS guys. But man, that's a really young team! 

Except for QB. Which has me wondering why not get one this year? If you get a kid with enough upside you let Mannion go. With the team retooling it would be interesting to grow a future QB right along with the all the Young Guns on this team that have 3 or less years in the League. And that number could very well be as high as 20 but almost certainly no less than 15 players that fit that description. 

I was against a 3rd on a QB before but now I can see a very persuasive argument for getting one given how young this Roster is getting. What Sayeth Thou?

Good write up.  We should be drafting a QB in the later rounds every year even in the good QB years. 

As far as this year, if Hurts makes it to our 3rd i dont see how you cannot grab him. I said all along he will not make it past the second, but i could be wrong.  This might be a good sitch if we happen to have Love or a stud RB or LB on the board say at 25 and we can pick up more picks, why the hell not. 

Everywhere i look on the webs fans are slobbering over Hurts in the 3rd. Shit i would t rule him out to the saints or NE in the second.