Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rashod Hill re-signed
Per Brett Tessler(never heard of him, but it was the CBS free agency tracker) Rashod Hill has re-signed for the 2020 season, contract undisclosed. This Tessler dude said Hill had other offers but chose to stay in MN.

[Image: GettyImages-1180043969-e1584753138387.jp...316&crop=1]
Getty Images
Rashod Hill chooses to stay with the Vikings
Well, not everyone is leaving the Vikings. It just feels that way.  Wink
Tackle Rashod Hill has re-signed with the team, according to his agent, Brett Tessler.
Undrafted in 2015, Hill joined the Vikings from the Jacksonville practice squad in 2016 and appeared in 15 regular-season games last year, with one start. In 2018, he played in 16 regular-season games, starting eight

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/20/rashod-hill-chooses-to-stay-with-the-vikings/

That helps.  He's an above-average back-up.  We're lucky to still have him.

he plays well at LT.

Well we have our back up OT,  but no starting OGs.  Come on Draft Fairy, sprinkle your magic dust on Rick once again.

Quote: @pumpf said:
That helps.  He's an above-average back-up.  We're lucky to still have him.
Agree, a quality back-up at Tackle/Guard which is hard to find.  Very good find plucking him off the Jags practice squad a few years ago. 

Offensive Line rebuild complete  Wink  :p

Quote: @prairieghost said:
Per Brett Tessler(never heard of him, but it was the CBS free agency tracker) Rashod Hill has re-signed for the 2020 season, contract undisclosed. This Tessler dude said Hill had other offers but chose to stay in MN.
That's interesting. By all accounts, Hill played well at LT in relief (not so well at RT). I'm wondering if he thinks he has a chance to compete at LT. Wondering also if he has some inside info. Maybe the Vikings want to move Reiff inside and keep O'Neill on the right, opening a competition on the left between a high pick and Hill. Just spit-ballin.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@prairieghost said:
That's interesting. By all accounts, Hill played well at LT in relief (not so well at RT). I'm wondering if he thinks he has a chance to compete at LT. Wondering also if he has some inside info. Maybe the Vikings want to move Reiff inside and keep O'Neill on the right, opening a competition on the left between a high pick and Hill. Just spit-ballin.
I think this could easily be the case. I also don't think they brought him back solely as the "swing tackle" (what you're saying) since that would also block Udoh. I actually think its looking more and more likely that they're viewing Reiff as a guard at this point with O'Neill / Hill / Udoh competing for the two tackle spots. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@MaroonBells said:
@prairieghost said:
I think this could easily be the case. I also don't think they brought him back solely as the "swing tackle" (what you're saying) since that would also block Udoh. I actually think its looking more and more likely that they're viewing Reiff as a guard at this point with O'Neill / Hill / Udoh competing for the two tackle spots. 
That's a good point. They won't keep two swing tackles. And given his upside, that's probably Udoh's job. So Hill just might have signed here over other offers because he knows there's an open LT job to compete for. Vikings might have looked at the OT class and figured their chances of landing a LT in the first couple of rounds was pretty good.