Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bucs all in on The GOAT?

Tom Brady Rumors: Buccaneers 'Are Going All In' to Sign Free-Agent QB

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers can be added to the list of serious suitors for Tom Brady when free agency begins. 

Per Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times, the Bucs are going "all in" to sign the six-time Super Bowl champion. 
Stroud cited Bucs head coach Bruce Arians' history of coaching a number of future Hall of Fame quarterbacks, including Ben Roethlisberger and Peyton Manning, as well as Tampa Bay ownership's desire to sell more tickets among the key reasons for the team's pursuit of Brady. 
As the offseason has gone on, it's become more clear the Buccaneers will at least let Jameis Winston test the open market.
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on Feb. 28 that Tampa Bay was "strongly considering" using the franchise tag on edge-rusher Shaquil Barrett.

Stroud noted it's "no secret" that Arians prefers to move on from Winston, and general manager Jason Licht is deferring to his head coach about the quarterback position. 
As for Brady's market, ESPN's Dianna Russini reported Tuesday on Get Up that his "interest in other teams outweighs the amount of teams" interested in him. 

Russini noted Brady is also looking for a team that will give him control over the roster and be involved in play-calling decisions. 
The Buccaneers could certainly use a rush of adrenaline to end their current malaise. The franchise has had just three winning seasons since 2008, hasn't made the playoffs since 2007 and hasn't won a playoff game since beating the Oakland Raiders in Super Bowl XXXVII. 

I figured they'd be all in on Teddy...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Arians likes to throw the deep ball, which is not Teddy's strength. Brady still can wing it out there and Tampa has way better Receivers than he's seen in a while. 

Still, interesting match. Bruce likes a lot of 7 step drops and Tom likes to unload it quick.

Are they really or is this just more speculation for clicks and hits.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
@purplefaithful said:
Arians likes to throw the deep ball, which is not Teddy's strength. Brady still can wing it out there and Tampa has way better Receivers than he's seen in a while. 

Still, interesting match. Bruce likes a lot of 7 step drops and Tom likes to unload it quick.
I haven't really seen a lot of deep balls from Brady lately, he is pretty much underneath on everything.  IN the loss against the Dolphins, I didn't see anything down the field.  Right now his legend is bigger than what it is real at this point.  I don't think he is leaving NE cause I don't see him having success any where else, but if he does leave I wouldn't be surprised to see Teddy in NE cause he would be a perfect fit for what they do with the quick short passes.  

My gut tells me he either stays put or plays for the Chargers. He moved to the left coast and started his production company there.  

San Fran is putting smoke signals up for cousins,  they cant be happy with garrapolo and the fondness for KC is pretty widely accepted.  I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they have approached the Vikings and at the very least are making KCs agent aware of the love in case Kirk wants to play out his final year and test free agency.  I wouldn't be surprised to see san Fran make a pass at brady to fill one year before they could make a run at cousins.... or maybe the Vikes already have a deal in place contingent on the cba passing?

When Brady signs somewhere else besides New England officially, that's when I'll believe it. 

I'm old enough to remember Johnny Unites as a Charger and Joe Namath as a Ram...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
I'm old enough to remember Johnny Unites as a Charger and Joe Namath as a Ram...
And Foreman as a Patriot, Page as a Bear...