Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How rich will Teddy be?
Rumors heating up that Teddy could end up in Carolina, San Diego, Indy, New England or Chicago. Anywhere but Chicago....

I voted $25-30. His stats are better than Garapollo's and Jimmy G got paid huge plus draft capital.

Some team will look at Teddy's W/L record and his stats and convince themselves he can be the guy for 10 years. And they might be right.

I think Teddy's AAV on his contract could be anywhere between 20-30 million...  but I have a feeling not much will be guaranteed.  Let's be honest, he looked really good in this recent 5-6 game stretch in New Orleans.  However, I don't think a team is going to give him a bunch of guaranteed money when he's only played in like 7 games the past 3 seasons.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
I think Teddy's AAV on his contract could be anywhere between 20-30 million...  but I have a feeling not much will be guaranteed.  Let's be honest, he looked really good in this recent 5-6 game stretch in New Orleans.  However, I don't think a team is going to give him a bunch of guaranteed money when he's only played in like 7 games the past 3 seasons.
I think that's exactly right. Like Pattersaur, I'd put it between $25 and $30, based on the money that Jimmy G and Foles got, but his knee concerns will likely prevent a bunch of guaranteed money for the long term. 

Hope he goes to San Diego, cuz they REALLY NEED a QB.  Heck they need a whole team, but Teddy would be a good start.  Smile
Honestly though, I could be happy with him as a Charger.  Kinda have liked the chargers over the years.
edit:  well since someone else deleted their "San Diego" post above, this post no longer makes sense

Guess we can just delete posts and leave the thread looking awkward. 

I put 20-25 just because teams may be a little scared about a full season on that knee.  But I love Teddy wish he was our QB.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
Guess we can just delete posts and leave the thread looking awkward. 
huh?

I went with 15-20 because I think other teams will use the Saints  ("eh, anybody can score 30 a game with Michael Thomas and Kamara") and Teddy's knee ("5 starts doesn't really prove durability") against his agent.  Still he's going to be set for life.

Might be a buyer's market...