Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So the Corona Virus
I've been following the Corona Virus quite a bit.  It had been doing about 3-4k new cases a day with 40-50 deaths.  The deaths have spiked up in China lately.  They went over 100/day the last two days.  If you want to follow the cases I've found this map to be of interest:  https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/...7b48e9ecf6

My BIL is in epidemiology with the state of WV he was happy with how China had responded and "they" were happy with the speed at which it was transferring but its been 2 weeks since I've spoken to him.

The cruise ship that is infected has 135 cases out of 3500 passengers or just short of 4%.  Its my understanding when folks test positive on the ship they are then taken off and transported to Japanese hospitals.  What sucks for those folks still on the ship is they are quarantined for 2 weeks after the last case is diagnosed.  They could be there months for all we know.  Infection rate hasn't really slowed down in China, why would it on the boat. 

It will all go away when the weather gets warmer.

That cruise ship would be the kinda luck I'd have on my 1st ever cruise.
Man I feel for them being put in limbo for an indeterminate period of time. Sorry boss if I'm not dead maybe back sometime in March??

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
That cruise ship would be the kinda luck I'd have on my 1st ever cruise.
Man I feel for them being put in limbo for an indeterminate period of time. Sorry boss if I'm not dead maybe back sometime in March??
March lol!!!  Though if it were my employee the last thing Id want is their contaminated self reporting back to work to soon. 

I really dont want to get on an airplane next week...

I saw reports of china spraying chemicals all over the streets, killing people in hospitals and throwing them in pits, forcing people in houses and locking them in, etc.

Not sure what to believe.  

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
It will all go away when the weather gets warmer.
Hahahaha 

Just snowed in NY.  Looking forward to the warm weather in May!

hahaha

Wait until the Biden clips come out.

We can play the Schumer, Pelosi, de Blasio, and media clips too.

Hahaha

Which one of those is the current president  self appointed ruler?