Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capers now on board

interesting, first order of business... get that man a Vikings lid!  Wink B)  

I find this interesting.  Is this something Zimmer wanted or is tolerating?  I know that Zim isnt so proud that he wont acknowledge others ideas,  but is also pretty much been not interested in sharing control of the defensive side of the ball.

Hope he doesn't get confused on which sidelines to stand on the next visit to Lamebo. Wink

I don’t know but this guy has seen a lot of Rodgers over the years, I like it. Perhaps throw some 3-4 looks into the mix, turn Hunter loose... oh imagine the possibilities!
 B)  B)

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
I don’t know but this guy has seen a lot of Rodgers over the years, I like it. Perhaps throw some 3-4 looks into the mix, turn Hunter loose... oh imagine the possibilities!
 B)  B)
This is probably the thought. If they decide to "rebuild" the defense it would be the time to naturally transition to a 3-4. A lot of the younger pieces a scheme diverse giving them the option at a minimum. Definitely an interesting consideration. 

I like it. I’d love to see Barr feast on Rodgers some more

It is curious ain't it.
We just keep adding older ...err...experienced minds while other teams look to add youth and new ideas.
We will see what it adds up to. Is he really not interested in anything more or does nobody want Dom for more then this?  I think he won't have much influence on game plans. A role more maybe like looking for tendencies of an opponent then reporting to the boss.

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
 B)  B)

His bed and butter is the 3-4 and why Matthews was a key player in it.  I don't know if we have the personnel to use it full time but maybe changes are a comin'.  It will be interesting to see if a three-headed defensive brain(s) trust can work.

This is a great add along the lines of a Wade Phillips hire. I wanted Wade but love this move, just what we need to add some diversity to our scheme.