Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brady to test free agency

I didn't see that coming. 

At some point, it has to happen. The guy is going to be 43 years old before the start of next season. 

Ive seen at least one source speculating that the Bears will be going after him hard.

I am guessing though that Kraft is just letting the league set the value for his negotiations and he will have his chance to counter.

Looks like Tampa is going after Rivers, the Fish have Fitzpatrick as their placeholder so I'll put my money on the Titans (...until Kraft backs up the armored truck!)  Wink

March 18th will be the key date if Brady doesn't have a new contract with the Patriots. On that day the $13.5M in dead money accelerates onto their salary cap. Prior to that they can work an extension keeping the dead money spread over two seasons. 

He's just doing his best NBA Superstar impression. Sniff around the rest of the League as a warning shot to beef up the roster or he walks. Ultimately, Kraft and Belicheat will either find some WR, TE and Line upgrades or he ends up in Vegas or LA.

Tom will end up where Giselle tells him too. He's a California boy...I'd guess the Chargers would be a good fit...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Tom will end up where Giselle tells him too. He's a California boy...I'd guess the Chargers would be a good fit...
This is as much about TB12 as it is his family or you'd be hearing rumors about Miami or Tampa or other warmer weather locales. If he doesn't force the Pat's to improve the roster he'll go to the Bolts and hawk his system to Hollywood's youth-obsessed culture.