Former Vikings in XFL
Willie Beavers - Dallas
Jeff Badet - Dallas
Deron Smith - Dallas
Jack Tocho - LA
Ahmad Dixon - LA
Storm Norton - LA
Taylor Heinicke - St. Louis

Badet always seemed like a potential 4 or 5 WR and was surprised we didn't keep him over a guy like Hollins, I think he will be one of the better players in the XFL and will really benefit from it. Surprised to see Dixon still playing and also to see Sammie Coates who many were high on when he came into draft in the league.  I would think Heinicke would do well as long as St. Louis doesn't have many glass doors! 

I love Beavers.

Watching the LA / Houston game.   pretty good football thus far.
(of course, I love ALL football, even Pop Warner games)

This LA/Houston game is pretty good actually. It's nice to just watch without a connection to it. I can just relax.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
This LA/Houston game is pretty good actually. It's nice to just watch without a connection to it. I can just relax.
like watching an AFC game...LOL

I guess I'm really liking the 1-2-3 point try after touchdowns - they can destroy the monotony of drives/possessions/scoring and can really shake up the shape of the game. Having to run a conversion attempt even just for 1 point makes it uncertainy and exciting.

Everything about it is fresh and exciting. You have players who look elite on the field, you have guys who make plays with nothing but heart and guts to back it up.

I'm excited to see this work. I can only imagine the future of football if the excitement and momentum carries on and positive reviews continue. It will trickle down to young players for sure. With XFL deals barring players from joining the NFL under contract, their rosters will be set short term. XFL players will have a chance to work out for NFL teams when their deals expire, and the XFL will be there to catch guys who fall back.

If revenue starts coming in for the XFL, I can't help but imagine college talent thinking this is a better option. Especially now when there is such a big gap between individual talents on the field now. 5 Star recruits might step on that field and tear it up, and get paid. If the NFL won't let them in for 3 years removed from high school, XFL teams certainly could survive losing players on 3 year deals if they're recruiting hiring new players to eventually play...

The games have been fun to watch; the highlight reels are awesome. Eager to see what the possibilities of success for this league could be.

It's very early, but they at least seemed to have learned from the mistakes of the first iteration of the league & the quality of play seemed decent. I don't like all of the rule changes, but it's interesting to see a different take on the game & their version of the kickoff is interesting. The angle of competing with college football for talent is interesting. The NFL hasn't had a good feeder league since NFL Europe, so I'm curious to see what talent the league can develop if it proves to be viable. However, it's 1-week of games, so way too early for any conclusions, but it's off to an intriguing start.