Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Free Agent Profile: Brandon Schreff

Love his game (when healthy) BUT: Big money we don't have, has been fighting injuries

We cannot afford the luxury of signing Scherff.  What money we have for FA needs to be better spent.

call Kirk, extend a year.  get some room. cut Xavier and Reiff.  
Sign scheriff, draft OT in the second

restructure Griff, having him play inside and out. 

DT in the first, DE in the third

I think we need to aim a little lower. A guy I have my eye on is Quinton Spain, a 28 year old left guard who fits a zone well. A Josh Kline type. Probably better actually. Played 4 years in Tennessee before moving to the Bills last season. Run blocking is up and down but he anchors well. His "pass-blocking grade has been 75.6 or higher all four years of his career." Which is a a huge upgrade over Elflein. 

OH, we definitely aren't getting a tier 1 guy and probably not a tier 2 guy either.

Besides that, Brandon isn't even a ZBS guy. Could he fit the scheme? Sure? But why overpay for a guy you would need to mold? Especially when we just saw the 9ers get it done with a journeyman RG, backup Center and former bust from another team on their interior? They win the damn game if they just hand it off like 4 more times in the 4th Quarter. 

Upgrading from Below Replacement Level to League Average(ish). That's what happened with Remmers to Kline. Expect the same going from Elf to (Insert Tier 2/3 FA or early Draft Pick here).