Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fingers crossed....
Tua Tagovailoa QB, College Player
[Image: 14839.jpg]
Tua Tagovailoa's agent hopes he doesn't have to start as a rookie. "If you look at Aaron Rodgers, Carson Palmer, Philip Rivers, none of them started the first year and my wish for Tua would be that he would go to a team that would give him a year to learn the system and do everything before the pressure of being a starting quarterback was upon him," said Leigh Steinberg, who believes his client could benefit from a red-shirt year, just as Patrick Mahomes did playing behind incumbent Alex Smith in 2017. Tagovailoa seems to mostly agree with Steinberg's assessment, claiming he'd be fine with "either" scenario (starting or backing up a veteran). Slightly undersized (6'1"/218) but exceedingly accurate, the 21-year-old southpaw garnered Drew Brees comparisons throughout his three-year tenure at Alabama. He's still recovering from hip surgery, though the expectation is that Tua will be healthy enough to throw for teams leading up to April's draft.
Source: ProFootballTalk on NBC Sports Jan 31, 2020, 9:20 AM ET

Sounds like Fitz gets another year in Miami...would be a good landing spot...

Is that Tua just not feeling ready to go or what. Not sure how this is in his best interest when it comes to money if they are essentially saying he doesnt feel he should start year one. 

Quote: @"Canthony" said:
Is that Tua just not feeling ready to go or what. Not sure how this is in his best interest when it comes to money if they are essentially saying he doesnt feel he should start year one. 
I would be much more comfortable hearing that than the false bravado we get from so many future failures that come out acting like they should be sized up for their gold jackets.  a little humility is never a bad thing.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Canthony" said:
I would be much more comfortable hearing that than the false bravado we get from so many future failures that come out acting like they should be sized up for their gold jackets.  a little humility is never a bad thing.
I get that for sure. I was more or less thinking his health. To me, that injury and his history is not good. 

[Image: Miami%20Dolphins.png]
Ryan Fitzpatrick confirmed he'll be back with the Dolphins in 2020.NFL Network's Ian Rapoport crossed paths with Fitzpatrick during this week's Super Bowl press junket in Miami. This was always the expectation for Fitzpatrick, who signed a two-year deal when he joined Miami last offseason. The 37-year-old fared surprisingly well in 2019, leading the rebuilding Dolphins to five wins including a stunning upset of New England in Week 17. He'd be the perfect bridge to Tua Tagovailoa, who will assuredly be on the Fins' radar when they step to the podium with the fifth overall pick in April's draft.

Tua's the biggest question mark of the 1st round IMO. Everyone is assuming he's going to go top 5. But the thing about medicals is that they are kept super top secret until something usually leaks a few days before the draft. 

I'll be curious to see what happens on draft day. Sounds like this is his agent basically acknowledging that the medical is bad, but that all Tua needs is a year to be good as new...and worth a top 5 pick. And look what that year did for Mahomes, Rodgers, et al....

I think if the Phins dont land Teddy (or even get into the process) that will be pretty telling of their intentions with that #5 pick regarding Tua.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Tua's the biggest question mark of the 1st round IMO. Everyone is assuming he's going to go top 5. But the thing about medicals is that they are kept super top secret until something usually leaks a few days before the draft. 

I'll be curious to see what happens on draft day. Sounds like this is his agent basically acknowledging that the medical is bad, but that all Tua needs is a year to be good as new...and worth a top 5 pick. And look what that year did for Mahomes, Rodgers, et al....
I agree with you. He is basically telling people he wont be good to go and that he needs a year. I wonder what will come out come draft day. 

So I assume you are hoping we trade up 15 or so picks, correct?