Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eastern Illinois love
This is an old article. Have to give some love to my hometown. I've lived my entire life within 50 miles of EIU and half my years within 10 miles.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/10/05/nfl-dr...-ryan-pace

Childress is quoted saying there's only about 2 bars there. He's just reinforcing what an idiot he is. There are at least 5 bars within a block of campus and at least a dozen bars overall. There used to be an incredible live music bar there. REO, Styx and Cheap Trick played there in the 70's. 

Hidalgo, I lived in Charleston, home of EIU, aka the "harvard on the embarras" from '92 to  '02.  Mattoon, from '02 - '04. 

Agree with your "pride", Hidalgo.  EIU rivals any  top 2-Ay schools for relative NFL competency, pound for pound.   

And I can confirm your bar list.  Ike's, Jerry's, Stix, Martys, the up'Towner, Stu's, Mothers... etc. 
And the country's first JimmyJohn's. 

Great times.  Then I got married.  Smile

Quote: @"savannahskol" said:
Hidalgo, I lived in Charleston, home of EIU, aka the "harvard on the embarras" from '92 to  '02.  Mattoon, from '02 - '04. 

Agree with your "pride", Hidalgo.  EIU rivals any  top 2-Ay schools for relative NFL competency, pound for pound.   

And I can confirm your bar list.  Ike's, Jerry's, Stix, Martys, the up'Towner, Stu's, Mothers... etc. 
And the country's first JimmyJohn's. 

Great times.  Then I got married.  Smile
Did you ever go to Ted's Warehouse? Great live music bar.