Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Placeholder for QB Prospects
The 2020 quarterback class feels like one in which the order is mostly set—Burrow, Tua, Love/Herbert, Jacob Eason from Washington and then Jake Fromm of Georgia. There's a good chance we see all six drafted in the top 50 selections.
In talking to scouts this week, there is a strong feeling that demand will drive up the value of the supply. Take Fromm, for example. There are scouts who believe the Georgia quarterback's football IQ and experience will impress teams enough that they'll overlook a largely average career statistically at Georgia.
You could poke holes in every quarterback prospect in this class—Burrow's inexperience, Tua's injuries, decision-making from Herbert, Love and Eason—but the simple fact that so many teams need a 2020 starter or quarterback of the future is likely to drive value up.
When asked for a prediction, one personnel executive said five quarterbacks will be drafted in the top 15 picks.
The bad news about potentially six quarterbacks being drafted in the top 50 picks is that there isn't much depth after that. Oklahoma's Jalen Hurts struggled all week and was seen as maybe the next-best option at quarterback.
On my current big board, there are six quarterbacks in the top 60, but after that, the next quarterback is Hurts at No. 130 overall and then Cole McDonald from Hawaii at No. 185. This lack of quarterback depth in the middle rounds is why we could see aggressive moves from teams to come up the board to take a passer.
This isn't a year to hold off until Round 2 or 3 to get a quarterback you can develop. There's no Dak Prescott or Russell Wilson waiting in this class. If you need a quarterback, you'll be drafting one early
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2872...ce=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

Cole McDonald is super interesting. Big kid, big arm.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:This isn't a year to hold off until Round 2 or 3 to get a quarterback you can develop. There's no Dak Prescott or Russell Wilson waiting in this class. If you need a quarterback, you'll be drafting one early
Statements like this are so stupid. There wasn't a Prescott or Wilson waiting in the middle rounds the year they were drafted either. 

I think Herbert separated himself from Love, and could push Tua for QB2. He looked the best out there. He will need to interview well as there are questions about his ability to lead (brought up in the broadcast) and how important football is to him. 

If 5 QBs go before #25, plus another 4 WRs, we will be in good shape.

I think Gordon made himself and his A) bona fide arm or B) questionable arm some money yesterday. 

Let’s talk landing spots for Herbert and Love since we’re really waiting on Tua medical updates.

#Lions at 3 could draft a QB but it would be a surprise since that regime needs to win now.

#Dolphins are obvious. I’m told no team has done more work on Herbert.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/jus...ft-ceiling

Sounds like 3-13 for Herbert...if he gets passed the Colts, the Bugs at #14 could grab him...

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:This isn't a year to hold off until Round 2 or 3 to get a quarterback you can develop. There's no Dak Prescott or Russell Wilson waiting in this class. If you need a quarterback, you'll be drafting one early
Statements like this are so stupid. There wasn't a Prescott or Wilson waiting in the middle rounds the year they were drafted either. 
Show me the Power 5 Conference Sr. QB with decent stats and good athleticism that currently projects as a 3rd or 4th Round pick. Both Wilson and Prescott flashed against big time schools so you could see the potential.

This class has what, a kid from Hawaii as that third tier of QBs that would go mid-rounds? Not even remotely compatible and the point of both the article and Faithful. This QB class stinks in the middle and really ain't that great besides the top two.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:This isn't a year to hold off until Round 2 or 3 to get a quarterback you can develop. There's no Dak Prescott or Russell Wilson waiting in this class. If you need a quarterback, you'll be drafting one early
Show me the Power 5 Conference Sr. QB with decent stats and good athleticism that currently projects as a 3rd or 4th Round pick. Both Wilson and Prescott flashed against big time schools so you could see the potential.

This class has what, a kid from Hawaii as that third tier of QBs that would go mid-rounds? Not even remotely compatible and the point of both the article and Faithful. This QB class stinks in the middle and really ain't that great besides the top two.
That's so revisionist. Wilson was too short for the NFL and Prescott was a mechanical mess and was taken a handful of picks before the 5th round by Dallas, who couldn't pull off a trade up for Paxton freaking Lynch. 

Look, I like Matt Miller, but to suggest there are "no Prescotts or Wilsons" in this draft is arrogant and stupid. How the fuck does he know? He doesn't. And he didn't know those years either. But he's sort of implying that he did. 

There are plenty of middle rounders this (and every year) that are equally as problematic and intriguing as Wilson and Prescott...and Logan Thomas and Zach Mettenberger...and Christian Hackenberg and Cody Kessler.

It's just too early. These media scouts have only just started watching film. We haven't even had the combine yet. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@FSUVike said:
@MaroonBells said:

That's so revisionist. Wilson was too short for the NFL and Prescott was a mechanical mess and was taken a handful of picks before the 5th round by Dallas, who couldn't pull off a trade up for Paxton freaking Lynch. 

Look, I like Matt Miller, but to suggest there are "no Prescotts or Wilsons" in this draft is arrogant and stupid. How the fuck does he know? He doesn't. And he didn't know those years either. But he's sort of implying that he did. 

There are plenty of middle rounders this (and every year) that are equally as problematic and intriguing as Wilson and Prescott...and Logan Thomas and Zach Mettenberger...and Christian Hackenberg and Cody Kessler.

It's just too early. These media scouts have only just started watching film. We haven't even had the combine yet. 
Totally agree... Jalen Hurts is probably the closest to a Wilson or Prescott in this draft.  Won games wherever he went against big time schools, excellent leadership qualities, but he has some growing to do as a QB.  I like that he seems to be ascending in that regard where he looked like more of a passer at Oklahoma.  That said, he's a mid-round pick for a reason.  Scouts are going to like him or hate him.