Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LaFleur questions Packers effort in NFCCG loss...
Head coach Matt LaFleur questions Packers' 'effort' in NFC title game loss“They definitely outcoached us,” Matt LaFleur said. “I just didn’t feel like we played with the same urgency, the same tenacity, the same toughness."
Packers head coach Matt LaFleur met with reporters Wednesday, three days after Green Bay’s season ended one game short of the Super Bowl with a lopsided 37-20 loss at San Francisco.
These season wrap-up news conferences don’t tend to be all that illuminating since coaches have had a chance to cool down and digest the big picture of a season.
But LaFleur? He had a lot to say in regard to the loss to the 49ers, particularly about the Packers’ energy level. When asked about the defense, which gave up 285 rushing yards Sunday, LaFleur didn’t mince words.
They definitely outcoached us,” LaFleur said. “I just didn’t feel like we played with the same urgency, the same tenacity, the same toughness. We didn’t set the edge the same as we had been earlier this season. It’s disappointing because it’s not like we didn’t know what they were going to try to do. We knew exactly what they were going to try to do. We knew they were going to run the football. … I just didn’t think we played with the same effort as what I had seen earlier in the season.”
The follow-up question to that asked how Green Bay could lack effort in a game with a Super Bowl berth on the line.
Yeah, that’s a great question. That’s something that I’m still trying to figure out right now as we speak,” LaFleur said. “I mean, I don’t understand that, because you’re there. You have an opportunity to go to play in a Super Bowl and for that to happen, it’s extremely … it’s bothersome. We have to look at ourselves, everybody. I’m gonna look inside of myself and see why weren’t our players playing with their hair on fire. I think everybody in our organization has to do that.”
Those who follow the team far more closely than I do seemed surprised by LaFleur’s assessment, either because he hasn’t questioned effort previously or they didn’t necessarily agree.
There were plenty of positives LaFleur took from the 13-3 season that were sprinkled throughout his 30-minute session. But it will be interesting to see how the notion of a lack of effort plays in the Packers locker room.

http://www.startribune.com/head-coach-ma...567203632/

B.S. They just got their butts whipped by a much better team. Packers were over rated and justifiably labeled the worst 13-3 team in memory.

Yeah, exposed would have been a better word for it coach.  They came here and whooped the Vikings but I remember commenting that looked like their superbowl with all the strutting and stuff.  If the refs hadn't gifted them the Detroit game and a few others, they would have been on the road and one and done.

Can any coach just simply say they were beat fair and square and the better team won?  To question your team's toughness or heart or desire is pure BS. 

It's a coded message to Rodgers who played soft as butter at times.  But that's always been his m.o., LaFluer will learn just like McCarthy - you can't question Erin, he'll throw a tantrum and pout.

Boo friggin Hoo.

as Greed pointed out.  Packers were gifted at LEAST two division wins.
They started to believe their own press clippings then got punched in the mouth.  

Face it, your coach just admitted you over-achieved

2 minutes into the game it was 7-0, 

10-0 after 1st quarter ,

23-0 at the half.

SF laid a beatdown on GB

GB  trailed the entire game.

Could it be that they were over hyped and came crashing down to a reality that even if Aaron whined, the refs didn't bail them out? Or they were flying high from the win over Seattle and they thought they were all that and then came out flat against the 49ers? Either way, they got ass blasted and were exposed. Oh well.

Everyone knows the NFL was drooling for Rogers vs Mahomes for this SB, Year 100...

I think the young GB coach was speaking pretty truthfully...A mea culpa of being out-coached and the players didnt bring it...

Not sure that made LaFleur any friends in the locker room? Brazen public thoughts from the young coach. 

Hey, LeFleur, did you ever hear the expression, "you can't make a silk purse out of Ma Barker's s-----?" Wink