Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Matt Dumba shows he is a nice guy

I dont know how people can just drive by stranded/stalled motorists in extreme weather conditions.  I can understand if it's a teenage girl her being scared,  but shit....people can lose their lives in weather like we get in the winter and so many people cant be bothered.  As a volunteer first responder it really pisses me off that people cant be bothered to even slow down and check on others.    Pathetic!

Way to be a better human, Matt!

Always great to hear these positive stories about athletes.  Usually the media likes to run with all the negative crap.  Hats off to Matt!!!

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
I dont know how people can just drive by stranded/stalled motorists in extreme weather conditions.  I can understand if it's a teenage girl her being scared,  but shit....people can lose their lives in weather like we get in the winter and so many people cant be bothered.  As a volunteer first responder it really pisses me off that people cant be bothered to even slow down and check on others.    Pathetic!

Way to be a better human, Matt!
I agree. Basic human kindness should motivate people to step up. I will *always* remember our family stuck on the side of the road with a broken down car. My father's brother had passed away in a motorcycle accident and we were on a long road trip to get there. A man pulled up, helped diagnose the problem, drove my father to an auto parts store while the rest of us waited. They came back and he helped my father do the quick repair and we were on our way. I was a kid but that man's kindness has stuck with me for my entire life. 

I didn't know that you're a volunteer first responder. Much respect to you.