Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beatings Saints was sweet, make-up for the Pack/Bears Sweep?
That walk-off drive vs the Saints was sweet. Quieting that crowd? On the road? Peyton? Knocking them off in OT? Sending them to their 3rd agonizing post-season defeat in a row?

That's tantalizing stuff.

ALMOST made-up for me being swept by Packers and Bears.

I'd have a hard-time choosing between the 2. I'd have to take that saints playoff win if I had to choose one. Even living in the midwest, heart of Puker territory. 

Well, if we split those games are we then the #3 seed? Home playoff game?

Even then, beating the cocksure Saints in their place is pretty damn good

The second Bears loss was understandable with the team resting the stars.  The first loss was incomprehensible.  We knock out Trubisky and get beat by a back-up journeyman?  Aaarrrgh!

Losing to the packers sucks in a big way.  Especially when we had them in the first game.
But beating NO in the playoffs?  in a heartwrenching way?  Again? and this time, in their place?  Yeah, I'll savor that more than the in season losses hurt.

and watching them cry about the push off ===priceless

Fuck Sean Payton, the Saints and their fans. I am still pissed about losing to the Bears and Packers. The silence in that dome was absolutely beautiful though.

I lived and loved that victory. I had no expectations going in and was flying high for some time after the win. I know the season didn't end the way we would have all liked. But the positive vibes from those types of victories stay with me much longer than negative vibes from losses. 

Felt great!

Even though we got beat by the Bears... I dont see that as a sweep so much as we didnt even play a starter. The first Packer game should have been a win as well. Horrible PI call on Cook and Cousins throwing that awful pick at the goal line.

I would have been just as happy if we won the last two weeks of the season. Got a split and been a 12-4 WC team beating up on the Eagles. Not crapping the bed against the Pack at home. I didn't watch the final against the Bears because they chose to lay down.
Getting as far as you can in the playoff is the goal. By finishing the 6th seed we didn't give ourselves the best opportunity for that.
Since we are playing what if. What if we were 12-4 and beat the Eagles and 11-5 Seahags beat the Saints? Last week would have been the rubber match against the Packers.
As is we have no bragging right at all against the Bears or the Packer. 
That is unacceptable.

I don't like the Saints, but I really, really, really don't like the Packers.  A sweep, or even a victory over the Packers sticks with me longer than beating any other team. 

Zim needs to beat the Packers more often.