Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Ranks Ant-Man™ 3rd Best FA
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-the-50-best...ts-in-2020.

Need to lock him down...

. S ANTHONY HARRISOne of the league’s most underrated players, Harris has been a playmaker on the back end of the Minnesota defense since seeing extended playing time in 2018. Harris has the top regular-season coverage grade among safeties at 91.6 after ranking sixth last season. He’s played the majority of his snaps at free safety, but this season has seen him play about 40% of his snaps in the box or over the slot, showing that he can play a more versatile role in a defense. Harris has nine interceptions and seven pass breakups over the last two years, all while missing just four of his 100 tackle attempts. Playmaking, sure-tackling safeties are of immense value in the NFL, and Harris has shown both traits as much as any safety in the league over the last two seasons.

They're not helping us...

I see his salary projects at $14 million per...

[Image: dg0MhkXS_bigger.jpg]
Salary-cap analyst Jason Fitzgerald of Over the Cap projects that the NFL franchise tag at safety will be roughly $12.735 million. #Vikings impending free agent Anthony Harris could be a candidate for that.

Its interesting that we have heard scuttle about extending every player at one time or another except Ant.  Were they thinking they were going to slow play and then  low ball him or do they know already that they cant afford him?

I realize that the cap situation is prohibitive, but when was the last time we didn't extend young talent before the situation reached critical mass? I'm a tad concerned.

I would rather see them pay Ant than to extend Cook.

I don't see that as an either or situation, but I'd definitely get Harris done before Cook as well.