Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: The Joker
Anyone seen it yet? 

Tops the Oscar nominations. Another acting masterpiece by Joaquin?

Anyone catch the 60 Minutes interview with him Sunday evening? It was a good one.

Next on our Netflix list.

[Image: 1578924450_10155561+1joker011420.jpg?aut...pr=2&w=525]

I saw it in theaters and thought it was really good. Moved along quickly and yes Joaquin is awesome.
It's really dark but that's what a story about a man turning into a murderer should be. (Looking at you, Star Wars prequels...)

Yep, watched it twice.  Very troubled person.  Acting was great.  Story wasn't what I was expecting but liked the movie none the less. 

I need to watch the 60 minutes piece. But, I saw the movie and thought Joaquin was brilliant. 

I'm not into comics or movies based on comics or superheroes, etc. But this looks fantastic. Almost took my kids to it on Sunday, but I hear it's ridiculously violent. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Anyone seen it yet? 

Anyone catch the 60 Minutes interview with him Sunday evening? It was a good one.

He's a terrific actor. Btw, another acting masterpiece was Adam Driver in Marriage Story. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
Anyone seen it yet? 

He's a terrific actor. Btw, another acting masterpiece was Adam Driver in Marriage Story. 
when my girl started watching girls, i was like “who is this clown” (ref Adam Driver) but man he is a talent.  He will be a great actor.  Throw in SJ (her performances in Lost In Transltion, Match Point) I am down for Marriage Story

Joaquin on the other hand, is my favorite
actor. All started with U Turn

We streamed this last night....

That's one relentlessly dark tale. Not for the kids MB, no way.

Phx was masterful and brilliant -  Best Actor in a Leading Role Oscar worthy. 

I've watched it twice. It was by far the best movie I've seen in years. Dark and mysteriously compelling. I don't see any room for criticism. I'm not a big actor or actress type fan.  I don't often pick movies based on the actor. Some great actors can carry poorly written scripts. Some great scripts have been ruined by bad casting. This movie nailed both.