Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Griffen wants to remain a Viking

I'd like to see him finish here - we'll see what kind of offers he gets though...He's definitely had a bounce-back year. Like to see more of him inside next year too. 

I believe hitting his escalators makes him a FA, I don't think there is a team option.

Money talks and bullshit walks,  he is going to really want to be here since the team is going to have to make some major cuts to veterans to be able to field a quality team next year. 

reasonable extension for 2020 cap relief, otherwise its Odenigbo and weatherly time 

How much does he want to stay vs. how much more money does he want?  That's the question.

Brady, Fitzgerald are 2 names off the top of my head that took less to remain on one team due to respect for the org.  It will be telling regarding this organization on how many of our FA’s give a discount or cap relief to take another run next year and possibly the year after.   Many are in perfect position to do so based on their age and level of play.  Griff, Reiff, XR, big Goon...

i think the seniors country club needs a few subtractions. need to get younger on that side of the ball.