Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AT questionable for Saturday
Zimmer didn’t sound happy. 

Yeah, glad it's not a sprain or a break, but I'm sensing that this "cut" might be a little worse than we know. Otherwise, why not stitch it up, wrap it tight, give him a shot and get him out there? With this kind of injury, he can't do any more damage, can he? I'm no doctor and I slept in my own bed last night, but what am I missing? 

Hopefully Z is playing possum on this.  I dont like our chances without Theilen

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Yeah, glad it's not a sprain or a break, but I'm sensing that this "cut" might be a little worse than we know. Otherwise, why not stitch it up, wrap it tight, give him a shot and get him out there? With this kind of injury, he can't do any more damage, can he? I'm no doctor and I slept in my own bed last night, but what am I missing? 
Exactly.  

Quote: @Bullazin said:
Thats what Im hoping / thinking. Listening to AT in his interview, he really is dodging answering even a simple question about what happened. Just seems weird. That he's saying he'll do anything it takes to be on the field on Saturday. Do what ever it takes  - or whatever they need me to do to help win the game. I don't know how I should feel about this. I wonder it the cleat cut a main vein?? Just weird.

This makes me feel a little better: 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-now/0ap300...n-practice

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
@Bullazin said:
Thats what Im hoping / thinking. Listening to AT in his interview, he really is dodging answering even a simple question about what happened. Just seems weird. That he's saying he'll do anything it takes to be on the field on Saturday. Do what ever it takes  - or whatever they need me to do to help win the game. I don't know how I should feel about this. I wonder it the cleat cut a main vein?? Just weird.
Highly doubt it.  Not a doctor, but most larger vessels are inside, not on the surface. 

I think they just are not giving SF any information, which is typical.  Don't want the opponent knowing exactly where, or what it is.  Someone may try to reopen it or aggravate it if they knew.

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
@Bullazin said:
If someone cleated my main vein, I would retire if I survived. 

looked like he was walking gingerly in that video.

But he seems upbeat.  He will play.  

https://sports.yahoo.com/tom-pelissero-e...29946.html
Probably more about letting the stitches heal and the tenderness subside.