Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teddy Likely To Stay In New Orleans
ESPN's Mike Triplett said it will "likely take a special situation to pry [Teddy Bridgewater] away" from the Saints this offseason.Bridgewater is an unrestricted free agent, but Triplett isn't so sure he'll leave after going 5-0 with the Saints as Drew Brees' backup. Bridgewater not only loves the coaching staff and players in New Orleans but also feels like the city is the right fit for him. Triplett believes a "good team" that won't be drafting a quarterback in 2020 would be the only type of team that could get Bridgewater to not re-sign with the Saints. There's simply not many of those teams out there that don't already have a franchise quarterback. It's possible that Brees and Bridgewater return for next season as the Saints look to get revenge for their early-round exit from the playoffs.
SOURCE: ESPN.com

I could see a scenario where they keep Taysom Hill as the starter and Teddy, and let Brees go in FA. Brees doesn't have the arm he used to. 

The fans down there are rallying behind Hill for their future from what I have heard.   I dont see the future there for Teddy that he believes is there unless he doubts his knees ability to take a full time role and is happy being 2nd chair.

Quote:
Bridgewater is an unrestricted free agent, but Triplett isn't so sure he'll leave after going 5-0 with the Saints as Drew Brees' backup. Bridgewater not only loves the coaching staff and players in New Orleans but also feels like the city is the right fit for him. Triplett believes a "good team" that won't be drafting a quarterback in 2020 would be the only type of team that could get Bridgewater to not re-sign with the Saints. There's simply not many of those teams out there that don't already have a franchise quarterback. It's possible that Brees and Bridgewater return for next season as the Saints look to get revenge for their early-round exit from the playoffs.
Not sure I trust the accuracy of this report for some reason.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
The fans down there are rallying behind Hill for their future from what I have heard.   I dont see the future there for Teddy that he believes is there unless he doubts his knees ability to take a full time role and is happy being 2nd chair.
I hope they listen to the fans and make HIll their starter. Guy can catch a pass, make a block and even return kicks. I say put him under center full time. What could go wrong? 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I hope they listen to the fans and make HIll their starter. Guy can catch a pass, make a block and even return kicks. I say put him under center full time. What could go wrong? 
I'm with ya', MB.  Like the proverbial pre-season back-up QB, this guy is the armchair fan's best player.  He comes in for one pass on a wildcat play and the fans anoint him as the next Peyton Manning.  Let him read defenses for 30 plus minutes a game before making that change.

Quote: @Ralphie said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I'm with ya', MB.  Like the proverbial pre-season back-up QB, this guy is the armchair fan's best player.  He comes in for one pass on a wildcat play and the fans anoint him as the next Peyton Manning.  Let him read defenses for 30 plus minutes a game before making that change.
I hope that's not a shot at my boy, Sloter!  Wink Both have a long way to go before they could ever be starting QBs in the league. If I were them, I'd keep using him as they have been. Kid is a freaking handful in that role. If Tebow weren't so dead set on being a QB, he could've been the same sort of weapon. 

Quote: @Ralphie said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Not only are you correct, I'm sure Teddy is not gonna base his decision on the armchair experts.  He might just be going more on what the coaches are telling him.

I don't get everyones love with Hill as a full time QB.  I think if he was as good as people think he was, he would have been starting over Bridgewater when Brees was injured.  Furthermore Hill has 7 completions in his NFL
career as a gadget player.  How does
anyone translate that to full time QB, and the chances that he would ever turn
into Lamar Jackson are incredibly slim.  Almost
all mobile QBs have coaches that try to keep them from being too mobile,
because mobile means higher injury risks. 
I think the Tim Tebow comparison is probably most apt.

I like him in his current role though.  I think it messes with the defenses gameplanning enough to be worth getting some decent snaps.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
well I am glad payton didnt listen to the fans as Zim has zero answers for that guy and our defenders didnt seem to want any part of tackling him.  I am concerned for this week with Kittle after watching how Hill just drug our guys down the field.