Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baylor coach to Panthers
we dodge 1 bullet with Stefanski.

Pete Thamel‏Verified account @PeteThamel 5m5 minutes ago
More
Sources: Baylor coach Matt Rhule finalizing a deal to become next coach of the Carolina Panthers.
Why isn't Chuck Foreman in the Hall of Fame?

I think the only real worry with Stefanski is Cleveland. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
any interview should create worry.   I think he is HC material and I really dont want to lose him.   He seems like the kind of guy that can attract quality assistants and is confident enough in himself to let them do what they do best.   IMO Zimmers biggest issue is he hasnt really learned to trust many around him to do what they can to improve the team while freeing him up to improve himself as a HC instead of a DC. 

Stefanski will only get better with more time,  but I still dont want to see the organization lose him.

Shocking. Thought this was a done deal for the Giants. 

How much of Stefanski can we credit to Kube and Dennison?  He has been an OC for one year, and he had training wheels on. 

The other thing interesting about this is that Gettlemen never got Rhule in the building. Axing Shurmur and keeping Gettlemen might have been the wrong move.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
How much of Stefanski can we credit to Kube and Dennison?  He has been an OC for one year, and he had training wheels on. 
all we really need to know is that the organization blocked him from going to NY last year,  ownership is really high on him,  and he has a great relationship with the Kubiaks.  hopefully we can retain him for another year or two and he is the heir apparent to Zim,  who I dont think coaches more than 2-3 more years myself. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
any interview should create worry.   I think he is HC material and I really dont want to lose him.   He seems like the kind of guy that can attract quality assistants and is confident enough in himself to let them do what they do best.   IMO Zimmers biggest issue is he hasnt really learned to trust many around him to do what they can to improve the team while freeing him up to improve himself as a HC instead of a DC. 

Stefanski will only get better with more time,  but I still dont want to see the organization lose him.
Uh, what makes you say that?  Zimmer takes it upon himself to be the defensive play caller on game days, but is that any different than a Sean McVay with the Rams?  Doug Pederson calls his own plays, Andy Reid calls his own plays, Belicheck call the defensive plays (although their is some mystery to it this season), etc.  It's not uncommon for HCs to be more involved on one side of the ball than the other depending on how they came up through the coaching ranks.  This isn't unique to Zimmer.

You're also overlooking the fact that Zimmer has consistently brought in experienced coaches on the offensive side of the ball (Norv, Sparano, Shurmur, Kubiak) because he trusts them to develop his vision for the type of offense he wants (balanced offense with a strong running game and play-action).

I think Zimmer is coaching for 1 more extension.

Now, what if they made KS asst HC/OC at the same time with the "promise" of inheriting the job after Zim's last extension?

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
The other thing interesting about this is that Gettlemen never got Rhule in the building. Axing Shurmur and keeping Gettlemen might have been the wrong move.
Agree. He's very Old School and now that a lot of these Coaching candidates are demanding their own Front Office leader, that will definitely get in the way. McDaniels submitted his list of 10 GM's he would want if he takes the Giant's job and Gettlemen is not on that list.