Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DL really got it done today...
Lots of reasons for winning today, but the DL really stood out to me today.

How will SF counter moving Griff and Hunter inside? It will be interesting to see of the O coaches believe that's still a good tactic or not vs 49'er personnel & scheme. 

I think the emergence of Odenigbo in the 2nd half of the season has made it possible.

The reason this worked well today is we put the Saints in 3rd and long quite a bit.  Against SF, we're going to have to stop their run game and win on 1st and 2nd down to turn the hounds loose.

Odenigbo has really been a great piece in the rotation...if we lose Grif, I'd be comfortable with him starting...

It's too bad Watts is on the DL, he's another productive guy...

In Dre we trust.

I totally agree, I thought the DL was the difference in the game.  Not only did they get consistent pressure on Brees without us blitzing, but they also completely shut down the run.  Everyone on DL played great, it was like our line of two years ago.  It made a huge difference for the DBs not having to cover for so long.  The strip of Brees and the fumble recovery was big.  Really encouraging if our defense can play like this the rest of the way.  

That depth is key. Odenigbo, Weatherly, Jaleel, Holmes...all played extensively, and without noticeable drop off, which allowed Joseph, Griff and Hunter to stay fresh. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
That depth is key. Odenigbo, Weatherly, Jaleel, Holmes...all played extensively, and without noticeable drop off, which allowed Joseph, Griff and Hunter to stay fresh. 
Big change from previous years.  Hunter is such an animal.  That strip sack of Brees was beautiful.