Dolphins?
Bucs?
Panthers?
Jags?

Starter or Back-up???

Vikings?

Quote: @greediron said:
Vikings?
That would be quite the tale...Doesnt feel in the cards as much as an extension for KC and a rookie in the wings...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
NOLA for life?
Bears?
Dolphins?
Bucs?
Panthers?
Jags?

Starter or Back-up???
The way that Payton was gushing over him as the heir apparent to Brees, it's hard to imagine him leaving.  But Teddy may be itching to make his own mark sooner than later.  The Panthers would be the only team of those mentioned I'd leave for.

Quote: @greediron said:
Vikings?
I have never done a backwards flip before, but I think if this happened it would be my first! Unfortunately, very low probability.  

Fortunately for Teddy he got a chance to prove that he is healthy and a legit starter in the 5 games he started this year.  I think he has to make the most of this opportunity and seek out a long term deal, I highly doubt Brees will retire, so I do not see the Saints being in a position to offer him the best deal.  Would be happy for him to go home to Miami, but the Dolphins like Fitzpatrick and just signed Chan Gailey who Fitz worked with in Buffalo and the Jets, so unlikely for him to go there.  

I think a team that could end up making a strong push for him could be the Chargers, who seem to be set on moving on from Rivers.  They move into the new stadium next year and so I think they will be in a win now mentality and more likely to pursue a more experienced QB as opposed to drafting someone they need to groom.  

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@greediron said:
Vikings?
That would be quite the tale...Doesnt feel in the cards as much as an extension for KC and a rookie in the wings...
just keeping the dream alive.

As much as I'd love to see it, I can't even think of a remotely possible way Teddy makes his way back to the Vikings. Earlier this year, I thought the most likely scenario was the Saints "encouraging" Brees to retire and then paying Teddy. With Brees still not showing many signs of aging, it's hard to see them doing that. 

Am I the only one who watched those NO wins? He was pretty much doing the classic Game Manger thing, lots of short throws to Kamar and Thomas.

I was on the Teddy wagon pre-draft virtually before anyone else but he just hasn't progressed as a downfield passer. Put him with an Elite, attacking Defense and he can win you a Superbowl. Mike Zimmer will never have an Elite, attacking Defense because he doesn't believe in being aggressive. And I don't blame him. Seattle and New England don't have attacking Defenses either and it hasn't stopped them.

If Teddy came back it would need to be because Zimmer left and they brought in a Coach who wants to attack Offenses instead of bending but not breaking.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
Am I the only one who watched those NO wins? He was pretty much doing the classic Game Manger thing, lots of short throws to Kamar and Thomas.
That's the Saints. He did what they asked him to do. And he went 5-0 doing it. You said it yourself: "Brees is next to last on taking deep shots." Watch Teddy's 5-game highlights below and notice how he (and Payton) become more and more comfortable going deep. Teddy gonna get paid. Big. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@FSUVike said:
That's the Saints. He did what they asked him to do. And he went 5-0 doing it. You said it yourself: "Brees is next to last on taking deep shots." Watch Teddy's 5-game highlights below and notice how he (and Payton) become more and more comfortable going deep. Teddy gonna get paid. Big. 

and looking at the catch stats for NO, that is pretty much all Brees did as well.  Thomas with 149, Kamara with 81 then down to Cook with 43.