Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Michigan football
"Michigan: The Wolverines have dropped 16 straight road or neutral-site games against teams ranked No. 15 or higher in the AP poll, including all 10 under Harbaugh. The last time the Wolverines won such a game was Jan. 3, 2012 over then-No. 11 Virginia Tech."

Its extremely hard to be a fan of this football team. They continually and ultimately disappoint. How many guys did Alabama not play and they still just smoked the Wolverines. Sigh. It gets very old. A Vikings and Wolverines fan?? Did I do something wrong in another life?  :p 

Harbaugh needs to go.

The program should quit pining for past glory and accept that it's just going to be good not great.

Quote: @comet52 said:
The program should quit pining for past glory and accept that it's just going to be good not great.
Here's the thing about Michigan: its a fairly prestigious academic institution. Way more so than Ohio State. Their standards for admissions are higher. They shouldn't be able to recruit at the levels of a Clemson, Ohio State, Alabama, etc for that reason. I think sometimes national expectations by the media exceed what they can actually consistently do. The program, as you mention, had more prestige back in the day but the powerhouse football schools were a smaller group then.

Quote: @comet52 said:
That could be said for the Big 10 as a whole. 
Living in the past has been a Big 10 way of life for too long. It seems to be slowly evolving. I'm happy for it too.

I'm an adopted Gator fan but not a SEC fan. I became a Gator fan when I got to Florida in the late 80's. I like the Gators but hate the conference. 
I'll explain it like this. I was born and raised Big 10. I love the Big 10. If Ohio State is playing for a national championship I will root for them even though I hate them because I want the Big 10 to do good. I root for the Gators but I would never root for Alabama or LSU. Make sense?

I don’t understand how they were ranked 14?  With 3 losses.

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
SEC bias?  Yes, in my book.

Ohio State is always going to have the recruits in the region because of geography, so many great players have come from that area. 

Michigan  would have to find another Schembechler to really compete by coaching better than the Buckeyes.  I think that's been their thought as they've run through hc's in recent years and they thought Harbaugh would finally be the guy but it hasn't happened.  And to me it's how they are pining for the past in a way.

Also I've lived in both the Midwest and the Bay Area where Harbaugh had a lot of success, and my gut feeling is he's better suited to California.  

Quote: @StickyBun said:
"Michigan: The Wolverines have dropped 16 straight road or neutral-site games against teams ranked No. 15 or higher in the AP poll, including all 10 under Harbaugh. The last time the Wolverines won such a game was Jan. 3, 2012 over then-No. 11 Virginia Tech."

Its extremely hard to be a fan of this football team. They continually and ultimately disappoint. How many guys did Alabama not play and they still just smoked the Wolverines. Sigh. It gets very old. A Vikings and Wolverines fan?? Did I do something wrong in another life?  :p 

All I can say is that it must have been damn egregious...

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
@Purplewhizz said:
SEC bias?  Yes, in my book.
I was referring to Michigan