Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So in the playoffs....
Is that enough to keep Zimmer's job. Do they have to win for him to stay? I am not saying I want him gone, just asking for people's input. And yes I remember the defense before Zimmer.

vikings get ass kicked and then their should be a house cleaning

I don't think any team winning 10-11 games gets a head coach fired.  But it does get players moved on and positions drafted/purchased from other teams. 

Rhodes and Griffin are past their prime.  And the same old bugaboo of a sieve O line is glaring.

Heads should roll.  But it won't be Zim's.  He's not Jason Garrett.

Is it a "Seahawks" type loss or is it a loss from more of this bullshit?

I know Zim gets linked to the offense as he's the head coach; it was pretty obvious to me Stefanski was 100% in full control of that mess and it's frustrating to come out of a full season of football putting this kind of play calling forward as the best he's got. If we go out with an offense looking like this again i'd be looking for Kubiak to call plays before wanting Zimmer to go.

Hes the 2010s version of Marty S.  

Chargers moved on after they went 12-4

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:
Is it a "Seahawks" type loss or is it a loss from more of this bullshit?
It's funny. Watching the game tonight I thought to myself multiple times, man, we lost to the Seahawks on MNF a few weeks ago and it barely bothered me because the Vikings looked really good. But tonight really pissed me off. So frustrating to watch. Just a classic egg-laying by the Vikes in primetime. No way around it.

Quote: @Skodin said:

And they got worse, as did the Vikings for almost 15 years in the head coaching department after firing Green.

I think we travel to Seattle on wild card weekend, Kirk's balls go into hiding at an undisclosed location and we lose 38-6.  Zygmunt then announces extensions for all because "they fought so hard.".  And we are all back here next year like the purple fools and suckers we have always been.

Quote: @SFVikingFan said:
@Skodin said:

And they got worse, as did the Vikings for almost 15 years in the head coaching department after firing Green.

You're not wrong - but keeping Zimmer is playing to not lose. I truly think 3 years of Les Frazier provided a ton of job security for Zimmer, because so many fans are scared to death of going back to that level. Too bad the Wilfs couldn't put Joe Salem or Tim Brewster in charge for a couple of years and really inspire fear!!
IMO Zimmer is safe this year. I continue to believe Spielman and Zimmer have the length of Cousins' current contract to deliver a championship, so this time next year...
But there was an interesting discussion on the radio last week: what if Marcus Williams had tackled Stefon Diggs and time ran out on January 14, 2018, preserving the Saints' victory? In that alternate universe, Zimmer's a coach who is 0-2 in the playoffs because he blew a 17-0 halftime lead despite having a bye and home field advantage. In other words, how much extra job security did the Minneapolis Miracle give Zimmer? Does he deserve it?

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@SFVikingFan said:
@Skodin said:

You're not wrong - but keeping Zimmer is playing to not lose. I truly think 3 years of Les Frazier provided a ton of job security for Zimmer, because so many fans are scared to death of going back to that level. Too bad the Wilfs couldn't put Joe Salem or Tim Brewster in charge for a couple of years and really inspire fear!!
IMO Zimmer is safe this year. I continue to believe Spielman and Zimmer have the length of Cousins' current contract to deliver a championship, so this time next year...
But there was an interesting discussion on the radio last week: what if Marcus Williams had tackled Stefon Diggs and time ran out on January 14, 2018, preserving the Saints' victory? In that alternate universe, Zimmer's a coach who is 0-2 in the playoffs because he blew a 17-0 halftime lead despite having a bye and home field advantage. In other words, how much extra job security did the Minneapolis Miracle give Zimmer? Does he deserve it?

Interesting discussion about the miracle, but Zimmer did take a team with a backup QB to 13 wins and a trip to the playoffs. So he would have been retained, but may have been out the door after last season.

The way I see it, you can't fire Zimmer without a GM change, or you won't accomplish much.

If they extend Cousins, I think the odds are good they will be starting over, with a new coach and GM, after next season.