Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huge Game on Saturday Night
Rams @ SF

This is a biggie Viking fans...

Rams lose this one and it "almost" assures the Vikings a spot in post-season...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Rams @ SF

However if the rams win it will put the Vikings in position to get the 5th seed if they can win out..  if they win out the rams have no way of catching them, and if they cant win out at home,  they dont deserve the playoffs IMO.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Rams @ SF

If the Rams lose, the Vikings clinch a playoff spot regardless of what happens the final 2 weeks.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@purplefaithful said:
Rams @ SF

If the Rams lose, the Vikings clinch a playoff spot regardless of what happens the final 2 weeks.
Yeah, its a done deal. Rams lose, Vikings are in. 

It would be a shocker if the 49'ers lost...Hence the Vikings probably didnt have to think too long about shelving Cook the rest of the regular season. 

Hate to back in though. It is pay-back time.

I think 1 and 2 seeds are still possible but require a bit of ridiculousness. However, the 3 seed is reasonable. Assuming the Vikings win out (they should) and the Packers lose to the Lions (not likely but certainly possible in Detroit), then 3 is ours? I think the Saints factor into this as well, but I'm not sure how or why. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I think 1 and 2 seeds are still possible but require a bit of ridiculousness. However, the 3 seed is reasonable. Assuming the Vikings win out (they should) and the Packers lose to the Lions (not likely but certainly possible in Detroit), then 3 is ours? I think the Saints factor into this as well, but I'm not sure how or why. 
The Vikings getting a bye is a long shot...  we can't get the #1 seed, the highest we can get is #2.  That would require the Vikings winning out, the Packers losing out, Seattle (or San Francisco) losing out, and the Saints losing out.

At least that was what I was able to glean playing with the NFL Playoff Machine this morning...  :-D

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:
The Vikings getting a bye is a long shot...  we can't get the #1 seed, the highest we can get is #2.  That would require the Vikings winning out, the Packers losing out, Seattle (or San Francisco) losing out, and the Saints losing out.

At least that was what I was able to glean playing with the NFL Playoff Machine this morning...  :-D
We can get #1 if all above happens but Seattle and SF tie in week 17. Just saying. 

Quote: @BrickVike said:
@Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:

We can get #1 if all above happens but Seattle and SF tie in week 17. Just saying. 
Aha!!!  The dreaded tie...  didn't think of that.  Nice!

Quote: @BrickVike said:
@Wetlander said:
@MaroonBells said:

I thought maybe the Saints beating the Colts took us out of the #1 conversation? Maybe not. 

But before anyone thinks a tie is crazy, the 49ers and Seahawks are two very evenly matched teams. Last time they played it went into OT. The Seahawks kicked a field goal just inside the upright with 4 seconds left in OT to win. Now, don't bet your kid's college savings on it, but stranger things...